Lone Peak Overland

V1GiLaNtE

I’ve talked to a lot of people about flexible panels and heat. First, sun and heat kill solar panels, I park my truck under a low carport so it rarely gets any sun or heat. If you look at the post with my truck you will see a 100 watt Renogy ridged panel which worked awesome and after 3+ years it was running at about 75% even in bad weather. I like the black on the outside solely for looks. The white would help with keeping the tent cool. The 3 panels will cover 75% of the roof anyway. So I’ll have 300 watts of solar, a 40amp Epever controller, a 2500 watt Vevor inverter and 2-105ah epoch lifepo batteries(not the same as L/P is offering, but the ones they are offering are excellent).

Right on. I’m going for the white based on the heat reduction inside the tent. I know GFC does it for the same reason, but also for the ambient light. I’m glad I asked about the distance of the fan to the front mounted in the mid-position since the renogy would have not fit. Also, with the bed up it would block the fan from blowing.

V1GiLaNtE

Follow me on Instagram: BudLoomis, I just posted a quick walkthrough on my story!🤙
Congrats again!

Some questions:
1) Can you take a video/pics of the latch mechanism? Super curious how that works
2) How's the visibility out the back window considering it's smaller than the panel and has the latch in the center?
3) Any noise/whistling from the camper while driving?
4) Did LP wire the 3rd brake light or is that up to the customer?

BudLoomis

Congrats again!
Some questions:
1) Can you take a video/pics of the latch mechanism? Super curious how that works
2) How's the visibility out the back window
considering it's smaller than the panel and has the latch in the center?

Thank you,

1. We're still traveling, and this forum won't let me post videos, but follow me on Instagram (BudLoomis) and I will try to get a video on this later. Also, Lone peak already did a video on the latch via YouTube and Instagram.

2. Visibility out the rear is a little off, because of the latch and the frame of the door causes the window position to be a little higher than the cab window.

3. No whistling or excess noise!

4. I don't think LP plans on wiring the 3rd brake light. I believe this will be on the customer.

BudLoomis

Congrats again!

Some questions:
2) How's the visibility out the back window considering it's smaller than the panel and has the latch in the center?
It's hard to get a good picture, but the rear window is just a little too high. It doesn't bother me though. I'm really happy about the alignment of the center cab windows 👌
1000008273.jpg

V1GiLaNtE

I've seen the lower latch mechanism on IG, but they did not show how the whole component keeps the tent closed/open. Not referencing the panel latches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl