Looking for popup that would fit Tacoma

Rico Cruz

So I went and checked them out. Not sure what was I was least impressed with, as both the seller and the unit for not what I expected. Back to square one.

Jesmor3

We really like our FWC so far
7dd0217b2ed6bb42fb782d10d3465c23.jpg

Durango

Adventurer
Don't know if your budget will handle a custom aluminum flatbed but they are putting them and a FWC Hawk on Tacomas. (You will need to beef up the suspension.)

Here is mine on a 2500 Ram.20151020_175628.jpg

SailorRocco

I would love to find a used finch on the east coast. I just missed out on one for sale last week. Does anybody know how the new swift fits on a 2004 Tacoma dcsb?

larryqp

Full-time RVer
If you are still looking I just posted a Flip pac for sale on this site for $2000. This one fits a 6' truck bed and is currently on a Ford Ranger. It's an excellent alternative and very lightweight at only 250 lbs. I will be Texas Hill Country until 4/21 and can send pics if interested.

Uncle D

We really like our FWC Swift:

506595e05380a32c85807ad71e4a85c4.jpg

Let me m know if you have any specific questions

This is the exact set up I'm looking at buying this year. Can you tell me what suspension mods you did to support the swift? I currently have a 6 inch DB lift on mine (bought it that way) and plan on making it right with new coil overs/UCA's in the front and a new leaf pack in back to remove the spacers. Also, as far as space goes, how does the camper function for you? After looking at the FWC's, it would have been great to have a forward facing full dinette area, but that requires a little longer box than the 5' one.

codename607

Adventurer
This is the exact set up I'm looking at buying this year. Can you tell me what suspension mods you did to support the swift? I currently have a 6 inch DB lift on mine (bought it that way) and plan on making it right with new coil overs/UCA's in the front and a new leaf pack in back to remove the spacers. Also, as far as space goes, how does the camper function for you? After looking at the FWC's, it would have been great to have a forward facing full dinette area, but that requires a little longer box than the 5' one.

Hey Uncle D, I also have a swift that I picked up a few days ago. I'm running a BDS 4" DB lift with the RCD shocks(removed the spacers). I also have the Firestone ride rite bags in the rear. With this setup the ride is awesome. Super smooth on the HWY and works great on fire roads as well. My camper is the shell model so it has nothing in the back. I went this way to keep the overall weight down(currently at 700lbs without the jacks), but I plan to add a few things down the road. Space for my girlfriend an I is great and I tend to carry more gear than I normally need.

12718086_1125903574126981_4912007913347869768_n.jpg

moveinon

I am also looking for a used 4wheel fleet or a ATC Bobcat. I have looked at all of the pop up campers that fit on my Tacoma Access cab long bed and these sure seam like the best. There is an Eagle for sale in Victoria and another in Colorado if you decide on the Eagle. Personally I like the little extra space of the Fleet but I know on some forrest roads around here that could be a problem.

NikonRon

Adventurer
The Eagle is a perfect fit for the Tacoma and it sure is much better than crawling into that Leer shell I had previous. Ron

20160401_180308_resized.jpg

the wasp

Observer
We are French owners of a Pulse 6", built on a Toyota Hilux (European model of Tacoma).In 2011,we seek a customized camper , fit without overflowing in the bed, with tailgate to shut , and
the overcab to be short so that it didn’t go past the windshield for visibility.It was built with our ideas and requirements and accommodate European standards and appliances.
Phoenix said yes to everything.It is the only company that makes custom of.
The lightweigh of our camper allows us to go off roading on all trails.The ratchet strap tie down is perfect and very safe for offroad.
After 3 years of intensive use,we had no problem.We were pleased with the strength and tightness .
in 2014, we bought a Ford Raptor and will contact Phoenix for a new production suited to a bed of 5"5, but unfortunately , we had to stop this project and annuled our 3 months trip,due to health problems

2013-04-18 17.32.02.jpg

2013-08-19 20.56.02.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal