Lucky8’s Project Discovery 3

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Looks good. I especially like the air free spool. Winch challenge rigs use air activated free spool on their 'built' Warn 8472's

I do prefer the functionality of a full winch bumper but for a subtle /theft resistant unit it looks like it fits the bill nicely.

Thank you

zelatore

Explorer
The tray is $440 and the Viper is $2800

Ouch! I was not prepared for that! It is pretty cool, but I'm afraid I'll have to continue fighting to reach the clutch through my ARB bumper at that price. Still happy to see anything being done with these rigs all the same, so keep up the good work.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
The terrafirma tray, but if not what would work? I know I have seen some hidden winch with aframe on disco3.co, but wasn't sure if it was available in the usa.

The Terrafirma tray will not interfere with the A bar. The extra holes in the bumper cover is were the A bar bolts to.

morrisdl

Adventurer
The Terrafirma tray will not interfere with the A bar. The extra holes in the bumper cover is were the A bar bolts to.

Great install write up! Im seriously considering this, but it looks to be a little more complicated for me. the A-bar bolts to the bumper cross bar you removed.

unnamed-1_zps0b82992b.jpg~original

So, the hidden winch needs to have the brackets to bolt the a-bar to. I think some do, but it doesnt look like the Terrafirma tray does. I think maybe the Devon 4x4 tray does - Do you still carry that one too?

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Great install write up! Im seriously considering this, but it looks to be a little more complicated for me. the A-bar bolts to the bumper cross bar you removed.

unnamed-1_zps0b82992b.jpg~original

So, the hidden winch needs to have the brackets to bolt the a-bar to. I think some do, but it doesnt look like the Terrafirma tray does. I think maybe the Devon 4x4 tray does - Do you still carry that one too?

WOW!! Good eye. Devon is no longer selling into the states and their mount will not work for you either.
IF I had your truck in the shop we would weld a bracket or cut the stock bumper bar and attach it to the Terrafirma tray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal