Lucky8’s Project Discovery 3

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Nice write up so far. I sure hope we don't have to wait until 2018 to get the lowdown on the 35"s you're currently running.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
We cannot get the 17s anymore.
The guy that made them for us had a hard time making then round.
I think somebody should have a talk with Mudtech 4x4 as they have sets of 17s that will fit an LR3 without any brake mods,they also sell 18 s for an LR4s.
I wish somebody(hint) could bring them here (US) in volume, so individuals , like me would not have to pay a ridiculous shipping charges alone.

I think somebody should have a talk with Mudtech 4x4 as they have sets of 17s that will fit an LR3 without any brake mods,they also sell 18 s for an LR4s.
I wish somebody(hint) could bring them here (US) in volume, so individuals , like me would not have to pay a ridiculous shipping charges alone.

The reason you see 17" on Disco 3 overseas is because they come with a TDV6 for EuroSpec. Any NAS Disco 3 has a V8 and larger rotors and calipers in the front so they will not fit without modification. It is true that you might be able to stuff one on with a spacer but it will be tight and cause interference in other areas.

I spoke to the guy who makes the steel wheels for the Discovery-Parts.de Disco 3 because they advertised 17" with no modification and after clarification, he confirmed they will NOT fit on an NAS Disco 3 without modification. From the looks of MUDTECH, that is the same situation as they are advertising for EUROSPEC Discos. The same goes for the Disco 4 with the wonderful diesel we do not get; but with that said, I do not think any mods are required to put 18" on an LR4 with the right wheel. The problem is no chance of 17" on LR4 without serious modification and only 2-3 poeple overseas make 17" steel wheels for Disco3. Aluminum is too thick to get the tolerance inner wheel diameter to clear any LR specific rotor/caliper combo in 17".

I have a 17" steel wheel in my garage right now that I am starting the fit test on and I will report up when I pass or fail..hahaha

Not to hijack the thread, check mine page out for details and back to Lucky's topics.

I have been collecting the part numbers and estimates to move to 17" wheels. Basically requires v6 brakes front AND rear:

- Front carriers Part: SEH500012 for about $120
- Rear Carrier part number: SXP500013 $70
- LR3 V6 Disc and rebuild kit: $180

Next time my brakes are worn out Ill rebuild as V6.

good ref thread: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24381

Yes exactly the same thing I'm rolling with on the Plan B. Plan A is see if they fit on the back with no modification and they should by theory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman