M-416 Build

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Z O O R O P A said:
Patrick it really looks professional

The satisfaction of your own work must feel damn good!

I would change from your design is to make the entire body enclosed to accompany dry storage and a fridge perhaps but your galley is superb!

Thanks for the compliments ZOOROPA. I may enclose the tub in the future. The reason I did not is because I put my daughters quad in the trailer when we go camping. I like the enclosed storage space with the double lid in that picture. That system would work perfect on my trailer if I ever decided to chage it to an enclosed trailer. Thanks for the ideas.

rctr03

Adventurer
that really makes you think about all of the possibilities that can be done. i really like the storage on the tongue.

jimmy

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Here are some recent pics of the tongue box. I added a Blue Sea Fuse panel I purchased from West Marine. This makes the wiring for accessories much cleaner and organized. So far I have two 12 volt receptacles, battery charger and an LED light hooked to it. I plan on running more wiring which includes 2 more 12 volt receptacles (one in the tent and one in the shelving unit) and a permanent LED light in the tent. I also installed a pin switch on the tongue box to activate the LED light when the lid opens.

P1020477.jpg

P1020482.jpg

P1020480.jpg

P1020479.jpg

P1020478.jpg

P1020488.jpg

P1020486.jpg

SavageSunJeep

Adventurer
SoCal
I have seen a lot of revamped military trailers. Most have looked nice and most have been functional.

But NOT all of them have been well engineered to be as good as the original military trailer. In fact more often than not the work performed has been marginal and sometimes even unsafe.

While I can say that your effort looks nice and is functional, above and beyond all that it is well engineered and safe and will certainly carry the load in fine manner. I commend you on the quality of work you have done. :)

On another note, can you provide a parts number on the Blue sea fuse panel in the above post, I cannot find it on their site?

Last edited:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
SavageSunJeep said:
SoCal
I have seen a lot of revamped military trailers. Most have looked nice and most have been functional.

But NOT all of them have been well engineered to be as good as the original military trailer. In fact more often than not the work performed has been marginal and sometimes even unsafe.

While I can say that your effort looks nice and is functional, above and beyond all that it is well engineered and safe and will certainly carry the load in fine manner. I commend you on the quality of work you have done. :)

On another note, can you provide a parts number on the Blue sea fuse panel in the above post, I cannot find it on their site?

Don, thanks for the kind words. Here is the link to the fuse block I used, part #5026: http://bluesea.com/category/5/21/productline/126

socaljeeper

Adventurer
any reviews on the JP cooler? looks great, how does it do in warm weather, any pros or cons?

R

I have had a chance to use the JP cooler a few times. It probably only holds ice for abot 24-30 hours. This was in temps ranging from 45-75 degrees. Also, condensation seems to be a problem on the bottom of the cooler so everything gets wet underneath it. I would not reccomend this cooler for the price it was purchased.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I decided to have the shelving/drawer unit I built for the trailer sprayed with Line-X to help protect it a little better from the elements. I am thinking of a few ways to make it more water tight. One sollution would be to put some weather stripping around the top edge of the counter top. But, with the use of the counter i am affraid it would not last very long.

P1020681.jpg

P1020682.jpg

P1020683.jpg

P1020684.jpg

P1020685.jpg

P1020687.jpg

P1020689.jpg

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Looks like some simple adhesive foam tape run around the perimeter of the shelf unit would seal the assembly when closed. The drawers look to be a bit more of a challenge. Could do the same thing, but a sealing ledge would need to be added to the shallower drawer's inner edges.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Thanks for the comments. The u-shaped weather stripping from Mcmaster might just work. I can put it around the perimeter of the shelving unit. I will try it out.

trail-explorer

Adventurer
In the pic below I noticed you have an amber side marker at the rear on both sides. Per FMVSS108 reg, rear side marker lights should be red, thereby indicating that "this is the rear (and side) of the trailer"

I've used that style of light, and the lens fills up with dust after time, reducing the effectiveness of the light.

I'm probably going to go with this one my trailer build comes along, and add the stick-on reflector spots that Adventure Trailer sells.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/cm/00-4400.htm

00-4400-250.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
In the pic below I noticed you have an amber side marker at the rear on both sides. Per FMVSS108 reg, rear side marker lights should be red, thereby indicating that "this is the rear (and side) of the trailer"

I've used that style of light, and the lens fills up with dust after time, reducing the effectiveness of the light.

I'm probably going to go with this one my trailer build comes along, and add the stick-on reflector spots that Adventure Trailer sells.

Thanks for pointing that out. I do not like any of the lights I put on my trailer. The amber lights are cheap and I have already broken two of the lens caps. I plan on changing all the lights to a higher quality and durable product. When I do I will switch them to red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77