M-416 Build

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I don't know when I may get one but a trailer is at least in my future wish list. Yours is the first one that I noticed with a set of speakers and a stereo. That is a really nice touch!

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I don't know when I may get one but a trailer is at least in my future wish list. Yours is the first one that I noticed with a set of speakers and a stereo. That is a really nice touch!

Thanks, sometimes I like a little background noise while cooking or having a :beer:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Here is a recent mod I did to the trailer. I decided I wanted to put 2-12V outlets and a LED light on a switch inside my RTT. I decided to use a Carlon junction box to place the outles and a switch for the light. I mounted the box on the tent floor and ran the wiring underneath. Here are a few pics.

P1020875.jpg

Here is the box when the tent is closed.
P1020877.jpg

Here it is when the tent is open.
P1020878.jpg

P1020879.jpg

Ran the wiring up the center frame tube.
P1020881.jpg

Overland

Observer
i have been wondering how i was going to light the inside of my tent....i think i just discovered how. thank you very much.

nice job on the build up

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
That trailor is incredible. Been looking for a m-416 trailor for quite awhile and have come up with nothing. Any ideas where to find one?:smiley_drive:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
That trailor is incredible. Been looking for a m-416 trailor for quite awhile and have come up with nothing. Any ideas where to find one?:smiley_drive:

Thanks. They pop up here and there. Just have to keep looking on craigslist, ebay and forums like this one. I got lucky on mine, my cousin and I went to pick it up about 10 years ago. He was going to use it for an off road trailer to be pulled behind his landcruiser. It sat in his backyard for 10 years until I picked it up. So I did not have to look to far, which was nice.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
Thank you, I've been looking around. Almost went to a military base near me to see if they had any.:smiley_drive:

Uticon

Adventurer
Not to highjack this thread but i was wondering how much the trailer weighs after all the upgrades.
Awsome build by the way:victory:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Not to highjack this thread but i was wondering how much the trailer weighs after all the upgrades.
Awsome build by the way:victory:

I have not had it officially weighed yet. But I am thinking between 1500 and 2000. I just got an Engel fridge and I’m fabricating a rack that will go on top of the tub. Once I am done with everything then I will take it in to get weighed, hopefully soon!

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Here are a few updates on the trailer I did this summer. I had a local awing place make me a cover that is made out of 18oz vinyl. It has button snaps on three sides, and the fourth side has a slide. I had them sew in a heavy rod at one end so I can roll it easier and clamp it so it is out of the way. It turned out nice and is keep my cargo dust/water free.
P1030589.jpg

P1030590.jpg

P1030591.jpg

P1030593.jpg

P1030594.jpg

P1030603.jpg

P1030604.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I also changed out my running lights. I used these 1 LED, flush mounted light. They are super bright and will be hard to damage when out on the trail. Just drilled one hole, insert the rubber gasket, then push the light in. Easy to install. Red in the back and amber up front. I need to do a better job smoothing out the spot where the old lights used to be, but it will work for now.
P1030599.jpg

P1030600.jpg

P1030598.jpg

P1030597.jpg

Last edited:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
And last, but certainly not least. The addition of an Engel fridge. I rearranged the tongue to fit it behind the tongue box. It is fastened by four hex style bolts, thru the bottom sheet metal layer. I used one of those posi-fit plugs, mounted on the back of the tongue box, which is better than using a 12v receptacle plug. I am worried about exposing the fridge to the elements, so I am currently thinking of ways to build a shroud of some sort to cover the vents. So far I am loving this fridge and it has been getting allot of use this summer.
P1030595.jpg

P1030596.jpg

P1030606.jpg

P1030607.jpg

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Great looking rig and nice new additions. Do you have a close-up full shot of the setup by chance? I guess I could scroll back a ways, but would see all the new upgrades that way... ;)

Question on your nose box-did you build it, or buy it like that? If you bought it, where and how much? Also, what is the outside back dimensions width/heigth and front most dimensions width/heigth if you don't mind. I'm looking into something for my build, not sure if I want to build one, or buy something to go up there...

Again, looks Great!!!

Best of Luck,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77