M-416 Build

slimtwo

Adventurer
Nice additions to your trailer Patrick, I look forward to seeing them in person at our up coming camping expedition. I really like those LED running lights too, you would have to work real hard at hitting those on the trail.

Happy trails! :)

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Thanks Bruce, it should be a fun trip. I have a few more changes planned for the trailer that I will be doing soon. Thinking about adding a Camping Lab Awning to the trailer and changing up my fold down counter too. Hopefully I will have it done before the trip.

Nice additions to your trailer Patrick, I look forward to seeing them in person at our up coming camping expedition. I really like those LED running lights too, you would have to work real hard at hitting those on the trail.

Happy trails! :)

slimtwo

Adventurer
Thanks Bruce, it should be a fun trip. I have a few more changes planned for the trailer that I will be doing soon. Thinking about adding a Camping Lab Awning to the trailer and changing up my fold down counter too. Hopefully I will have it done before the trip.

Well if you need any help, I would be happy to assist you, in order to help you get it done before the trip.

Happy trails!

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Baja Rack

I have been wanting to utilized the wasted space between the bottom of my tent and above the tub for a while now. At first I was going to build my own rack, but I got my hands on a used Baja Rack that seems to be built for my application. Here is the picture or rack, it is called "The Mule".
P1040089.jpg

I decided to fab up four brackets and attach them to the steel tubing that is used to hold the tent. Here are the pics of the brackets and how they attach.
P1040088.jpg

P1040091.jpg

P1040090.jpg

I used four u-bolts to attach the rack to the brackets and that was about it.
P1040094.jpg

P1040095.jpg

P1040092.jpg

P1040097.jpg

P1040105.jpg

gasman

Adventurer
respect !!!! mr socaljeeper if i didnt say it before im sayin it now .. your trailer is one of the first that i had seen a few years back that inspired me to build mine... it is way too cool... and the new rack is cool., looks like a perfect fit.. did you think about putting it on a slider for easy loading and unloading of the bulky items, whatever your puttin in there as long as you could lock it in postion .. i like it , like it alot...

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments gasman. It is funny that you say that. I was not going to put it on a slide initially, but my dad, brother and cousin are giving me a hard time about not putting it on a slide. I was thinking I can cut the top rear tube so I can easily fit larger height objects, not needing a slide. It is only 4 feet long, so I easily reach anything from the rear.

I think I am going to make a slide for it, just not sure how the best way is. Here is one option, but I am worried about the adding too much loaded weight on the rack and having too much slide friction. Not Sure if it will work. Does anyone have any good thoughts on how to make it happen?
slide.gif

respect !!!! mr socaljeeper if i didnt say it before im sayin it now .. your trailer is one of the first that i had seen a few years back that inspired me to build mine... it is way too cool... and the new rack is cool., looks like a perfect fit.. did you think about putting it on a slider for easy loading and unloading of the bulky items, whatever your puttin in there as long as you could lock it in postion .. i like it , like it alot...

M

modelbuilder

I have been wanting to utilized the wasted space between the bottom of my tent and above the tub for a while now. At first I was going to build my own rack, but I got my hands on a used Baja Rack that seems to be built for my application. Here is the picture or rack, it is called "The Mule".
P1040089.jpg

Good bye Mr. Mule...have a lot of good trips with that thing:smiley_drive:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Looks like a killer idea,and should work good for you. I did the same thing but on a smaller scale on the horizon with a 6ft folding table. Good to see that beast the other month in Morterro palms.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
I decided to ditch the fold down counter I made with the drawers and stereo. It turned out a little to heavy and caused the trailer to sag a little on one side. Here is what it looked like before:
P1020684.jpg

And here is what it looks like now. I used 1" tubing with some sheet metal on both sides and had it powder coated with a hammer finish. It is pretty simnple and much lighter than before. Since I have power from where the stereo used to be, I am planning on putting some nice LED's in each comparment wired to the switch panel.

P1040235.jpg

P1040233.jpg

P1040238.jpg

Last edited:

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Looks good bud. Where did you source the sink from and what are the dimensions of it?

I got the sink form someone here on expo, so I am not sure where they got it from. Here are the dimensions.

Measures 17" x 13" outer flange to outer flange.
Sink measures 14"x10.25" and is 5" deep

gasman

Adventurer
any updates on the rack set up.. if you havnt worked it out yet im sure some heavy duty drawer slides could do the job ...

socaljeeper

Adventurer
any updates on the rack set up.. if you havnt worked it out yet im sure some heavy duty drawer slides could do the job ...

I thought about using some drawer slides, but they are a little too expensive. When I eventually get around to doing it I will most likely use some kind of custom slide using rollers and rails, simliar to what most garage doors are made of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77