M416 Build to go behind my CJ

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Besides all of the cool weapons, there are lots of overland gear that I NEED!! First SHOT show since the 80's. I am going to hang out all day tomorrow.

KA5IVR

Observer
Besides all of the cool weapons, there are lots of overland gear that I NEED!! First SHOT show since the 80's. I am going to hang out all day tomorrow.

I hate you! I always wanted to go to Shot Show.
Do they have the same Booth Bait as SEMA? Take photos!

The lids arrived today and appear to be in good shape.
Lids.jpg

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Part 6 THE LIDS ARE IN

Finally back from Vegas and went and picked up my trailer lid. As expected Chris @ Sierra 4x4 did an outstanding job. Came by freight and in excellent condition. I could not wait until daylight for pictures so pardon the poor Iphone quality. My son took these in the garage right before we strapped it down until we decide what to do next.

Lid1.jpg

Lid4.jpg

Lid3.jpg

Perfect fit front to back and a slight hang over from side to side but brackets for hinges and latches will solve that problem. That plus finally getting around to welding and seam sealing the 15+ minor pinholes in the floor will be priority. After lid is secured, the Thule rack will go on (with Chris' direction) and then saving $ for the paint job.

May order the tent tomorrow. Have not decided yet.

KA5IVR

Observer
Looks Good... Thanks for your help today!
Got mine strapped down, but too dark to get a photo. Maybe in the next day or so.

GI_Jeepin"

wander looking to get lost
Hey what size is your propane tank and where did you get it? I am looking to add a removable grill to my 2" receiver on my M416 but I dont want to use the standard 20lb tanks.

Thanks

Attachments

• On Fort Bliss (2).JPG
    On Fort Bliss (2).JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 52

DonBeasley

Adventurer
They are 5 lb tanks (one on each side). I got them at Cabela's but I think several stores carry them. The bracket is sold by PowerTank and is made for these bottles. Thanks.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
OK, I know the lid is not even fastened on the trailer yet but I could not wait. The ARB is here so I thought I would post a picture,even if it is just a box.

Found a fab guy to install the lid, just waiting on hardware to arrive.

RTT.jpg

DonBeasley

Adventurer
nothing new yet. All still sitting in garage but I should have my hardware by Friday and next week it gets the lid put on ----- hopefully!! I will post pictures.

hansen65

I am building a lid similar to what you have bought from sierra 4x4 but am having difficulty deciding how to mount it. Any pictures or suggestions would help. This build is coming out nice. I can't wait to get mine done. We have a trip planned in April so I need to get on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy

Members online