Make Tacos Not War...FJ45 Wanderings in Mexico.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Dam...how'd I miss this thread....I spend 1/2 my day on here as it is...

nice writeup and good pics...:clapsmile

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sleeps In Jeeps said:
Amazing, simply breathe taking.

Is there anyway a N00b overlander could get way points or cords. for the trip you plan to take with your family?

I plan on the exact same thing with my new wife and son and we would love to either join you and yours or do an identical trip.

Thanks for the inspiration!

I'd be happy to pull together what I've got. I'm trying to get better at the documenting portion of these trips. I've found it pretty tough to make myself really sit down at the end of each day and do the "paperwork" on a trip...especially when there's a cold cerveza and fresh tacos as an alternative!

Quite a few basemaps of Mexico are pretty poor for GPS coordinates. I use them to give me a general...and I mean general, sense of where I'm going. Most of the times the best directions are found by asking at local farms and small towns which way to go...heck...that's how we found our way from Alamos to El Fuerte on this trip.

Road conditions change frequently in these areas, and security is something that you'll want to be aware of...although not a reason to avoid the area...more information is always better.

As for family trips, I'm starting slowly with the kiddo, just so she gets used to the whole tent/camping thing...but will definitely post up an invite for others when it's planned!

-H-

SWDesertTaco

Adventurer
Fantastic Read!!

I really enjoyed this thread; great prose and pics!

Only makes me long for the coast and Hecho en Mexico style cervesas y comida.

Did a similar trip to Urique and Batopilas two years ago this month, your thread brought back many memories and a greater desire to return!

Kudos on this one, I look forward to your further admissions of wanderlust.
-C

:sombrero:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I've put some GPS points for this trip to Mexico in the Expedition Research & Links section....

Let's see someone go!!!

-H- :coffeedrink:

FLnative

Observer
Awesome trip report!!

I am new to the site but this is exactly the kind of stuff that makes expedition portal so great. I am definately inspired to make some overland trips of my own.:sombrero:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
So....the next trip is in the works....

Two bikes, two friends, jungles and ruinas....

-H- :costumed-smiley-007

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
It's not for a few months, but so far it involves Cancun and the central jungles of the Yucatan....

-H-

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Three days to Cancun from Flagstaff....:roost: :roost:

Then we'll take our time....

-H- :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online