Make Tacos Not War...FJ45 Wanderings in Mexico.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
expeditionswest said:
There are many of us that love your country. I am certainly proud to be an American, but feel sincerely honored to have seen the parts of Mexico that I have...

:iagree:

-H-

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Thanks for the entertainment Andrew. The coolant hose part is pretty funny. My 'ol FJ60 seemed to have the same issue. The most major failures always happened at home in the driveway. Too funny.

Looking forward to your next adventure installment.

Scott Brady

Founder
Yeah, I have had the same result with the TLC. I raced the entire OBC with only minor issues. Then, on the way back to Tangiers, the wheel almost fell off... An aluminum wheel spacer broke, shearing all the studs off the passenger rear. It was amazing that it never happened during the race, as it would have seriously injured Nathan and me....

viatierra

Explorer
:elkgrin: :victory: :sunflower ;) :bike_rider: :sombrero: :jumping: :clapsmile :luxhello: :jump:

There's a bunch of happy/smiley-smilies for you!
Thanks for the inspiring read...

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Too many tacos don't agree with me and don't knock war till you have been in one. We had :victory: in the one I was in, though.

Last edited:

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
Excuse me? I think you need to gas up and turn around and give us more trip reports. This is some of the best stuff I've read in awhile.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Please forward all requests to have one less lawyer in the world to Mr. Brady, Mr. Hanson and Mr. Marzonie....:ylsmoke:

Actually, I will maybe post another short trip for later in the month...a trial run with the kiddo! It won't be much, just to test some gear and setup, but should be something new and interesting; expecially for those with little ones they'd like to start overlanding with....:lurk:

-H-

Until then...how about another Mexico pic or two...

The main bridge into Batopilas

273558880_BLwLk-M.jpg

273558937_FGkij-M.jpg

Hola, donde esta, the boy fili?

277627862_yssPb-M.jpg

Yes, the dropoff is as far as you think it is...Orilla Peligrosa, so to speak...

277627849_Ac2cP-M.jpg

Palapas and old rigs...beautiful!

277627829_YEmz6-M.jpg

Hope that helps Mike!

Cheers! :sombrero:

timaus13

Observer
Inspiring

Very inspirational read, Photo's copleted the journey.
I felt like a back seat passenger experiencing all the sites and experiences that you described.
Absolutely Loved it, Rivited in fact till the very End :-( sad it ended.
More, more, more,more, Please.:clapsmile :clapsmile :clapsmile :gunt: :gunt: :gunt: :26_7_2: :26_7_2: :26_7_2:

Amazing, simply breathe taking.

Is there anyway a N00b overlander could get way points or cords. for the trip you plan to take with your family?

I plan on the exact same thing with my new wife and son and we would love to either join you and yours or do an identical trip.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal