Mark's '95 fzj80...

sami

Explorer
Wow, Gary's old rig has an all new identity that's for sure! Looks awesome.

I love wheeling around your previous rig.. I get home to upload pictures, and realize 43 of the 61 pictures I took are of that Tacoma! haha

... minor exaguration there ;)

-Jason

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
I finally had some time to complete a couple essential mods...

- Hanna Sliders
- Slee T-case skid
- LF 170's with oem fog switch

More importantly I got to wheel my rig - I've been way overdue. I think my brother got it right when he said, 'It's like rollin' in a tank.' I'm sure he was referring to it's capabilities since the 80 went wherever I pointed it. However, after the transition from tacoma to land cruiser I thought to myself, 'damn this thing is big.':26_13_1:

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
ooh, tell us about the shade on the 100. got a link?

your 80 is looking tough! that slee t-case skid saved my case once- the driveshaft didn't survive but the t-case did! it's tweaked but still protectin'!:REOutArchery02:

Mlachica

The Kelty Carport is right. Seems like an effective setup without getting into the cost of an eezi-awn awning. I'm sure we'll get more use out of it this summer then I'll probably decide whether to get that or the eezi-awn.

Yessir that's Gold Mountain. That trail is fun!

SWDesertTaco

Adventurer
So disappointed...

Yeah, those 15 pages went way too quickly...couldn't believe it when the last page showed up.

I was feeling like a kid who had his popcorn taken away in the middle of the movie.

Awesome thread. So, I thought Tacos were sweet until I started looking in the LC section. So much room in these rigs! Killing me.... well except for the gas mileage, I like my 20mpg.

Mark, Im curious why you got rid of the Kaymar bumper. I dig their style, but I see the functionality of the ladder on the new bumper too.

-C

Mlachica

SWDesertTaco said:
Yeah, those 15 pages went way too quickly...couldn't believe it when the last page showed up.

I was feeling like a kid who had his popcorn taken away in the middle of the movie.

Awesome thread. So, I thought Tacos were sweet until I started looking in the LC section. So much room in these rigs! Killing me.... well except for the gas mileage, I like my 20mpg.

Mark, Im curious why you got rid of the Kaymar bumper. I dig their style, but I see the functionality of the ladder on the new bumper too.

-C

So sorry to dissapoint you :sombrero:

Tacoma's are sweet by the way, I used to have one!

The Kaymar just didn't fit me. It wasn't burley enough for me. I wanted something a little more stout that improved my departure angle. The answer is the 4x4 labs bumper. The ladder is cool, it helps me deploy the tent or to get a better view. But ultimately I like the modular concept behind the labs bumper. When I get around to it I'd like to make a bike/snowboard rack (in place of the ladder). I'd also like to make a basket for a propane tank and trash (things I'd rather keep outside of the vehicle). The possibilities are endless. With the kaymar it'd be much more involved to make certain extras.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Mlachica said:
The Kaymar just didn't fit me. It wasn't burley enough for me.

Great. Now I feel like a little girly mon with my silly Kaymar bumper. :hehe:

I do, however understand your reasoning for the modular explanation. Adding anything to the Kaymar, anything other than what they offer would take some serious time and energy.

SWDesertTaco

Adventurer
I just stumbled across the Kaymars last week, was impressed with them as a possibility for my truck, however, after your response, not so sure. Looks like 4x4 labs might have to fab up a bumper for an 04 Taco instead of the LC's.

The kaymars still look burly to me; but never seen one in person.

Nonetheless, Mark I've still enjoyed your thread and will watch as things progress. Now I find myself eyeballing LCs.

Don't want my truck to find out though, shes been good to me!

blupaddler

Conspirator
Don't get me wrong... The Kaymars are a really good bumper, especially for their value and compared to the cost of custom fabrication. Also, that being said I have had my Kaymar for almost 60K miles, and it has been great. Granted I only do moderate, if any "crawlng." But the bumper has still been hit, dragged and banged and is still in good condition. It's just not shiny anymore.

The 4x4labs bumpers are just, the next step up. HTH.

Mark sorry for the hijack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3