Me and my Cruiser

KunanurratoBroome118.jpg

Loving the mud flaps!:smiley_drive:

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Joff,

If you don't mind, can you post some pictures of the side bars? I am looking at fabricating some for my 100. How "firm" are they, do they move? How much of a bump can they take...

Thanks!

Nick

Joff

Nick, I'll have to take some pics of them coz I don't think I have any that will show them propperly. Watch this space.

They are ARB side rails. I'm pretty sure you guys would have them over there. They fix via U bolt type thing to the chassis rails

As for strength and durability, they are pretty strong. I have nudged them up against earth walls, trees and dropped onto the odd ledge etc without issue. They are probably not as strong as some specially fabbed rock sliders but I use my HiLift under them no problem..

Pics to come..

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Travelling arround Oz

Sounds like you and your family are making the most of your travels and seeing some of the best spots this country has to offer.

So how did you find the 4.2L Turbo to put in the 105?

Cheers,
P

Joff

Sounds like you and your family are making the most of your travels and seeing some of the best spots this country has to offer.

So how did you find the 4.2L Turbo to put in the 105?

Cheers,
P

It wasn't that hard actually. Mechanically a pissed monkey could do it but electrically it's a bit of an effort. Mine was a petrol to so there was a bit of rooting around with fuel lines and fillers too.

There's a build thread here if you are interested

Joff

Joff,

If you don't mind, can you post some pictures of the side bars? I am looking at fabricating some for my 100. How "firm" are they, do they move? How much of a bump can they take...

Thanks!

Nick

Couple pics as promised. Sorry it took so long but I got a bit held up with stuff.

013-4.jpg

012-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
Thanks Joff. Those do look pretty tough. I think I will take some pictures of yours and start bending and welding.

Thanks again for the pictures,

Nick

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
It wasn't that hard actually. Mechanically a pissed monkey could do it but electrically it's a bit of an effort. Mine was a petrol to so there was a bit of rooting around with fuel lines and fillers too.

There's a build thread here if you are interested

I've got an 80 that's coming along but one area that could use a bit of help is the engine. It's got the reliable 1HZ but a 1HD variant would be a nice drop in...

I'll read over your build up.
Cheers,
P

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Ahh man!! What I would do for a 105....

Great pics, nice Cruiser, and welcome to ExPo. I think I remember you from ih8mud, at least your truck looks familiar. Thanks for sharing and feel free to keep posting more great pics!

DarioCarrera

Adventurer
Joff, thanks for sharing. Very nice Rig you have there. Glad to see that we still put them to good use and they are not just urban cruisers. ]
Regarding your HF communications, when you say you can "clear Australia" you must do a lot more than clearing Australia my friend... In my Land Cruiser set up (yaesu ft857d and Atas 120) I have reached Australia once. VK3EW I think was the callsign. And the ATAS is a "decent" antenna and the CODAN is a lot better.

Awesome rig, keep traveling!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven