MetalCloak?

JFarris

Wanderer
3.5 w/ 35's your going to be between 13.4-16.4 mpg. Been running Metalcloak 3.5 GC for about 25K miles now. No complaints.

NMBruce

Adventurer
I am not much into rock crawling, but I put the MetalCloak 2.5 ARB on my Jeep about 10K miles ago and the ride & handling is great.
I plan to travel a bit and wanted the extra clearance, just encase. My MPG did not change after the install.
There is a video on youtube of me coming down a hill, just after installation, the rest of the Jeep is stock. This is with the Rubicon e-discos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c96trTJK224&list=PL47FF0244483AB71D&feature=c4-overview-vl

sgregg108

Adventurer
Bruce, thanks for the video. Just to confirm, this is the Metalcloak dual-rate ARB kit and not the game changer ARB kit, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodi

Observer
Sounds good guys, glad to hear the great feedback from both of you. Brian, what height did you go with? I'm debating between the 2 and 3" lift due to the driveshaft issues w/most kits and I'm also not on a ton of rock crawling trails a lot. Mostly a daily driver w an off-road trip every quarter or so.

I have the 2.5" game changer lite. Incredible on-road ride.

sgregg108

Adventurer

That's what the consensus seems to be. Think I'm starting with the entry 2.5" lift and I'll get the rest of the control arms as the budget allows.

NMBruce

Adventurer
That's what the consensus seems to be. Think I'm starting with the entry 2.5" lift and I'll get the rest of the control arms as the budget allows.

That one of the things I liked about the MetalCloak, you can add to what you already or just stay where your at.

sgregg108

Adventurer
That one of the things I liked about the MetalCloak, you can add to what you already or just stay where your at.

That's what I was thinking, no need to spend $2700 right out of the gate, might be happy w/the basic kit.

DallasJKU

Adventurer

I am thinking of the GC "lite" to replace my AEV. I just need to decide whether I want the 2.5 or 3.5". I will go to 37's at some point for sure just not sure if that will be this summer or next.

KellyM

Adventurer
I am thinking of the GC "lite" to replace my AEV. I just need to decide whether I want the 2.5 or 3.5". I will go to 37's at some point for sure just not sure if that will be this summer or next.

Just curious what is prompting your possible move from AEV to MC? Trying to decide between the two myself.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just curious what is prompting your possible move from AEV to MC? Trying to decide between the two myself.

Just not super happy with the ride quality in some situations. Some situations are great like handling and stopping. I run a light jeep so uneven roads and/or bumpy ones I'm not always happy. I just really like the idea of being able to dial in the suspension and I think I want a little more lift for when I go up to 37's.

rodi

Observer

If you run light, like I do, you'll get 3.5 in the front with the 2.5 kit. I got 3" in the back. If you get 37s later, it's only like $300 or so to swap out for 3.5 springs.

mrpotatohead

Observer
I put front lower and upper control arms from MC on my 2005 LJ. The difference in ride over stock was remarkable. Easily the biggest noticeable ride improvement change I have made in any of my 7 jeeps. Customer service was top notch, including, a veterans discount, a phone call to thank me for my order, delivery in half the time they projected and some follow up contact to: 1, thank me again, 2, thank me for posting here and a couple other sites.

When I do the rest of my suspension, it will be Metal Cloak.

John

Whoa. Most places do AD discount but veterans? That's cool. Was it significant?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333