MG Metalworks Van Build

djbonsu

Adventurer
Such an awesome build! I know you are still working on the pop top but any chance your pop top will have a flat profile? Looking for something similar to a gtrv setup (and just my luck they aren't around anymore)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I bet it does well! I got a chance to drive this van last week, it felt very stable and tracked very well. It definitely felt better than my buddy's f350 on 6" lift with 35s.

Excited to see this build continue!

Ditto. I was HUGELY impressed with MG's van. Ride height is perfect on 35's, alignment was right where he engineered everything to put it once the kit was installed, drives like a tight factory SUV; no wandering or drifting at all, you do this :victory: and the van will drive itself down the highway, it's THAT good. These 4x4 kits are going to fly off the shelves. If my van wasn't already UJOR'd, it'd be waiting on MG's doorstep for a kit install.

Huge HUGE kudos MG, spectacular.

PS--you going to post those alignment specs so everyone can see the awesomeness that is MGMW product?

Last edited:

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Just in case you didn't think I was serious.... Tear down has begun!

Top side is disconnected, a few odds and ends underneath and then the body bolts (currently soaking in penetrating oil).

I lost about a week and a half to being sick and caring for my sick kid but everyone's better now and progress is ramping up.

DzlToy

Explorer
mgmetalworks said:
I lost about a week and a half to being sick and caring for my sick kid but everyone's better now and progress is ramping up.

Order yourself some Liposomal Vitamin C from the Vitamin C Foundation, especially if you have kids. There are other companies offering it, but I have found this one to be one of the best. It will knock out a cold in a few hours if you catch it early and kills everything from flu to strep to pink eye and staph infections.

Keep in fridge DOOR once opened, keep in pantry sealed for up to 12 months. Take 2-3 TEASPOONS every 2-3 hours until you are well for majour sickness. Works like nothing else I have ever seen and I have been using it for about 5 years now.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
We have lift off!!!

Special thanks to Jsweezy for dropping by and helping with the fuel tank and stubborn body bolts. 4 of 14 seized up and had to be cut.

Things sure are easy to work on with no body in the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk

Members online