MG Metalworks Van Build

Dude, I read your thread cover to cover from 10pm to 3am a few nights back. Holy crap. I was totally hooked. I've got a background in aircraft electronics and I have done some of this decoding stuff on different buses so I was able to follow right along. Awesome work! I love the detective work like this as well.

I shot you an introductory message though your website contact page. I have a longer message typed and waiting. Once I get your response, I can send the full text. It totally blew the character limit of your website out of the water. We have much to discuss. Can't wait to get a conversation started!

philos

Explorer
Dude, I read your thread cover to cover from 10pm to 3am a few nights back. Holy crap. I was totally hooked. I've got a background in aircraft electronics and I have done some of this decoding stuff on different buses so I was able to follow right along. Awesome work! I love the detective work like this as well.

I shot you an introductory message though your website contact page. I have a longer message typed and waiting. Once I get your response, I can send the full text. It totally blew the character limit of your website out of the water. We have much to discuss. Can't wait to get a conversation started!

Great, another genius to make me feel inferior.
Hehehe.

I did a little bit data interpretation, but not near the extent he has. I worked in AIRINC 429 and the older RS 232 stuff, but mainly I did wiring and configuration. It's also been over four years since I quit working on airplanes so my skills have evaporated quite a bit. I was just so hooked on this thread because I knew what kind of detective work it takes to get this done. We'd spend a day tracking down one little signal. He's got hundreds to work though. Super duper impressed. In fact, I actually choose the Triumph 800 XC moto over the BMW F800 GS because the Triumph DIDN'T use a CAN bus on the entire bike. Many other reasons as well, but the CAN bus was one for sure. I didn't want to touch something like that for troubleshooting it in the middle of nowhere or for doing other electrical mods like adding accessories.

mgmetalworks

Explorer

Check your PM inbox...

mgmetalworks

Explorer
You know you've hit the big time as a business when you finally get a forklift. It is certainly not the awesomeness that was the old 5000lbs, three stage mast, side shift, pneumatic tired 2005 Hyster I had years before but for a few hundo, this little thing will lift my Sterling 10.5 out of the truck once Ujoint finishes it up and ships it out here and I'm ok with that.

In other news... engine mounts are going very well. I should have those wrapped up tomorrow and ready for powdercoating along with a ton of other parts. Final assembly gets closer every day!

Raul

Adventurer
Congratulations on the forklift. Definitely a landmark on the business road. Following this tread with admiration.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Forklift?!?!? Getting lazy old man!

Getting smart! I muscled the D60 out of my pickup by hand and pretty sure my hemorrhoid grew 3 sizes that day.

There's a mental picture I'm sure everyone can enjoy. :)

And Mister, that is some of the finest custom engineering, home or otherwise, that I've seen. Outstanding work.

I will not speak of me tying them to a tree and snatching them out of the bed of the truck. If you drive fast enough you can get some hang time and it will not drag on the edge of the bed.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Congrats! :D

I'd say getting smarter... but what do I know, when I was 18 I did it all by hand and knew it all... and now, I'm not 18 anymore, and have to be smarter or not do it at all. As I sit here typing with ice-packs on my forarms, I say work smarter... rather than harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach