MG Metalworks Van Build

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I get more thumbs up from younger and older people (and a lot of dropped jaws) in both strip malls and campgrounds than I would have thought or expect....more than my pretty dang rare G-Wagen build, or a certain German sportscar which is a bright color. I think seeing a big ************ van that's a bit sinister yet cleanly done is either intriguing to the young or nostalgic for the baby boomers. Most know you can do a lot with a van(i.e. eat/sleep/camp inside), which you can't with other vehicles, it's all self-contained and bit stealth, and there's just a lot of intrigue about "what's going on inside that thing?, I wanna see!"

And when they ask where they can get one, I only have a few (of the very best) references for them along with a local business card. :bowdown::beer:

Excited to see how people will react to a Transit of the same.

Keep kickin' tail MG, the mega project is looking SOOOOOOOO damn fine.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
......Yet! I think the more e-vans that are converted and appear around town, passing you on the highway or parked in a campground, the more buzz and demand grows. I've talked to three separate dudes lately, who've had 4wd vans in the past (factory and aftermarket) and all said that they miss the van, should've never sold it, would get another if they had the money etc etc....

Was there a bronco cult straight away? Pretty sure International would've continued making scouts had the demand been the same as today (though i understand the gas crisis prob had something to with scouts getting the eventual axe). ok rant over....

MG is incredibly talented and versatile (i've been to his skunkworks) so he won't be begging at intersections anytime soon.....or Chris for that matter.

True and thanks. When I moved back to NC there were 0 4x4 vans in town that I knew of besides Vanaconda. Now there 10-12 that we've done, super cool. This whole market is very small but there's enough business out there to keep growing. And if it slows we'll move on to something else!

I've been in the 4x4 market for 15 years now in CA and then here. The 4x4 vans get more attention than anything.

Jsweezy

Explorer
If I had a dollar for every time someone gave me some form of "sick van" look, wave, thumbs up or actually said it since owning this van, I'd have at least 50$. My wife hates it, she can't admit I was right in thinking my van is the coolest thing ever.

If I had a dollar for every time someone gave me some form of "sick van" look, wave, thumbs up or actually said it since owning this van, I'd have at least 50$. My wife hates it, she can't admit I was right in thinking my van is the coolest thing ever.

My wife HATES my van. But I love it, so whatever. My big van offsets her tiny little fiat car.

I like that Fiat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the fiat, it's a champ, did 1360 miles over Labor Day weekend, to and from Utah, got 35mpg, and only used ~38 gallons of fuel.

The more I use that car to tour around, the more I think about slapping a teardrop trailer behind it and just cruisin.

Oh yea, nice build MG, your stuff is amazing.

dazdconfsd

Observer
:pROFSheriffHL:

HEY!!! Everyone back on topic!!! This is a build thread, not a huddle around the water cooler!

So... Feed me Seymour?

lsoh3.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey MG, since Agile took care of my Ambo and you're into classics maybe I should drop by with my '65 Econoline :)

Keep it coming, love your work!

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The body is down! Not for good, just to show me where the problems are. Couple of things to address but nothing major. Nothing will stop this train now that I'm this far! Especially not some silly A/C lines in the way of the intake!

and it is about that time to start putting on the important stuff...

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Oh that Cummins badge is going to draw some silly attention!

"that dummy thinks he has a cummins in there"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues