MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The trick is just to get out there and do it.

The Gulch Lockhart Basin.jpg

Entering the "Gulch" along Lockardt Basin Trail south of Moab. I'm the red splotch in the lower right-hand corner. And, no, I didn't take Beastie down this track!

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Somewhere in between...

Nanc and Tucker Red Wing.jpeg

Nancy and Tucker above Red Wing, MN, overlooking the Mississippi River and WI to the east.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
There was a full moon last night, 5/6/20. You should try to see how beautiful it still is.

Last edited:
Be sure to go over your trailer before you leave. Have them test the heater, windows, vent, check the spare tire for wheel locks, door seal. Mine door is lopsided so only one side latches completely and it leaks. Mark says he will replace it when we head to Alaska.

Be sure the fridge tray has been modified so the fridge is not resting on the power plug. It will probably be wired up incorrectly but you can fix that later.

My tongue sits at 24" at the top of the ball. I have farmers insurance.
Which door, the man door or the pop top?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Which door, the man door or the pop top?
The main door. My pop top also does not sit flush to the roof. Mark says it is not supposed to seal but that does not make sense as the canvas would fill up with dust. I don't think the trailer was built with heavy dust in mind like encountered in the Southwest.

jcmartin11b

That could be an issue for me being in New Mexico
The main door. My pop top also does not sit flush to the roof. Mark says it is not supposed to seal but that does not make sense as the canvas would fill up with dust. I don't think the trailer was built with heavy dust in mind like encountered in the Southwest.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
As soon as I get the Land Cruiser out of the shop, I'll be taking the trailer on a couple of ranch roads and see what happens.

carbon60

Explorer
I sealed my roof fan with Eternabond today. Man that stuff is sticky!

Hah! I wish someone had my first exposure to the stuff on video: stuck to a corner of a solar panel, stuck to my nitrile gloves, pulling pieces of my gloves off as I tried to deal with it… Just needed some funny music as a soundtrack. :)

A.

Vogold

Hah! I wish someone had my first exposure to the stuff on video: stuck to a corner of a solar panel, stuck to my nitrile gloves, pulling pieces of my gloves off as I tried to deal with it… Just needed some funny music as a soundtrack. :)

A.
I have a Very small leak in the roof and I bought enough 4” wide Eternabond to do the whole seam and cover the rivets where the 2 pieces of the roof are joined, thinking I would eliminate any possible way for water intrusion.
The fan was enough fun for today! I’m not sure I can get the Eternabond down and have it looking nice for runs as long as the roof is. I’m going to run a bead of kiwk seal first and see if that takes care of the leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk