Moby1 owners?

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Those of you familiar with off-road TD's do you think I'll have any issues pulling So-Cal's 510 XS with my 2013 Jeep JKUR auto. The wife and just today spent 2hrs with Ted at So-Cal and fell in love the 510 XS but by the time I started adding up all the goodies we would like to have I started worrying about the power of the JK to pull it. This mode of travel is new to us as we are coming from motorcycle and airplane camping and that means tent on the ground. I'm to old and to many broken bones to be sleeping on the ground. But still have the need to explore. Any and all information is welcome.

I had a JKUR on 35s and regeared. I sold it before I towed my TD but the new truck does well. I think the newer jeep engine will be a lot better than what I had cuz I had an 08.

The Socal is a little lighter than the Moby so I think you'll be fine. Maybe research with the Jeep subforum. I know there's been plenty of talk about it. do some quick searches before you have any more questions before the nazis get after you. But it never hurts to ask again.

Rick Rockey

Thanks Yulli, got on the board Friday for our SoCal 510XS build. It going to be a long summer waiting and to continue sleeping on the ground.

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
I've been really happy with my Moby XTR for the past couple of years. It has served me and my family well over some very rough terrain and we have had no complaints whatsoever.

Sadly, it is time to part with the trailer. I wish I could keep it but unfortunately, I cannot. I'd like to get another one some day if I can.

I have it listed here if anyone is interested. This is a great opportunity for someone to get into a XTR for a little less money and with no lead time.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/143533-2013-Moby-1-XTR-Tear-Drop-Trailer-For-Sale

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Got a baby on the way, so my old lady is putting the pressure to sell it fix up the house for the baby. Plus, I probably will NEVER be able to use this thing for the next few years! Trust me, was a very hard decision for me. But it just didn't make sense for it to sit in the drive way for the next few years. As you fellow dads on here, how many of your wives would be ok with you taking off for a weekend or a week to go camping while she's at home with the kid? Prob not many haha.

I told my wife she gets a baby if I get a trailer, hahahaha. Then we ended up remodeling the main level of the house and repainted, new gutters, and windows too.

hollaback55

Explorer
I must say I love the style of the Moby1 and I was considering it but I'm not sure that the cost is in line with the quality of trailer your getting. I'm a bit wary of the water issue with the rear hatch design. Can anyone else comment on their trailer and any issues or problems you've experienced?

skibum315

Explorer
jericho99: Incidentally, is your Pathfinder the V8 or the V6? ... and can you talk a bit about how it pulls the Moby? What's the typical towing weight of the trailer?

west_ok

Adventurer
Sorry I meant the trailer itself. The tires or the fenders. The overall width? Haha unfortunately no, not yet!

B.J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach