Moby1 owners?

OCD Overland

Explorer
dfan44, you just gotta ask the right questions and then you shall receive. This is probably not a typical offering, but Ashley is very open to taking care of his customers if you're willing to pay. I myself and few others ahead of me had ours bumped by Shia Labeouf between 2012 and 2013. I guess if you were the starring actor of Transformers and have a lot of cash to throw around, what's a few extra thousand to get your trailer bumped up in line, right?
Wasn't someone banned from this forum once already for making unsubstantiated accusations about Moby1?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Just my $.02.... If I'm spending that kind of cheddar and I don't get what I paid for in a timely manner I'd be a bit ticked off, too. Especially if it was promised at a certain time and that time had come and gone and my hard earned money purchased me a run-around and excuses... Yeah, I'd be (to quote a former SgtMaj of mine) "beyond all pisstivity" To all of you that have experienced this sort of situation; I feel for you and hope that things work out in your favor!

jericho99

Banned
Wasn't someone banned from this forum once already for making unsubstantiated accusations about Moby1?

Moby 1 is very good about taking care of their VIP customers, but of course it comes with a price. Back in 2013, Shia Labeouf had the premier fully loaded XTR.

dfan44

dfan44, you just gotta ask the right questions and then you shall receive. This is probably not a typical offering, but Ashley is very open to taking care of his customers if you're willing to pay.

Despite having the means - I wasn't looking for it, wouldn't have done it, and doubt this is how they do business today based on my direct dealings. I'm also not going to get worked up based on what happened back in 2012. I expected 12 months (give or take) when I put the deposit down and seem to be on track for this, so Moby1 is good by me.

dozer2

This is not an option currently due to the current build queue and production capacity. When Mr. Labeouf's trailer was built there were only a few in the queue.

cornfedksboy

Providing a trailer to a clebrity customer is astute business. Now, since the waiting list is so long, being able to deliver more units would be key.

buffalo12

I am in the build queue. I have a question for those who have a Moby1 XTR with a DC power package #2- how long does the charge last in cold weather?

smlobx

Wanderer
I don't have a clue as to the quality of the Moby but as someone with a lot of contract negotiation experience why don't people who are considering having one built put a promised deadline with a payment penalty for going over??
$100 for the first week graduating to $1000 refund for each month over due....

My small company builds much larger products (custom homes) and I HAVE to live by the deadline. If my suppliers and subs don't meet their deadlines they have a penalty to pay as well....and by the way I don't get a 50% deposit either...

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I don't have a clue as to the quality of the Moby but as someone with a lot of contract negotiation experience why don't people who are considering having one built put a promised deadline with a payment penalty for going over??

My small company builds much larger products (custom homes) and I HAVE to live by the deadline. If my suppliers and subs don't meet their deadlines they have a penalty to pay as well....and by the way I don't get a 50% deposit either...

:wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings:

Bombsight

Observer

:REOutArchery02:

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
I saw on Facebook that they're expanding their shop. Hopefully that'll help with their turn around times and speed up production.

We have had our Moby1 XTR since Feb. 2015. It has been a great experience! We have put way over two thousand miles on ours this season and have had Zero problems on or off road! When you own one you have to have to prepare for extra time at every stop to accommodate all the lookers and gawkers. Tons of questions and compliments. We just hand everyone a brochure to expedite the the tour. Anyway, Ashley, Kimberly , and Steve and his crew are honest hard working folks who are committed to building the very best. If you want a real piece of equipment instead of all the toys out there, get a Moby1. It's worth every penny and the wait.

Great trailer! Excellent fit and finish. We have put thousands of miles on ours this season both off and on road with no problems at all! Moby1 is a real piece of expedition equipment and worth the wait and cost.

Shacke

I was considering a Moby1 XTR, but I simply do not like the policies of the company. For those interested though, they do have a trailer they have not advertised yet coming up for sale. Here is a correspondence from B. Ashley Grimes explaining it,

It had a slight amount of water damage (nothing more than discoloration) but has been fully refurbished and brought up to date. We made some improvements on it, making it a better unit that when it went out. It has only a few hundred miles on it, and used twice.

After seeing it was used with water damage, and they were selling it at list price, I explained I was not interested and good luck. This is the correspondence I received in return from B. Ashley Grimes,

We have no doubts with a 12 month wait list. We haven't even advertised it yet, it will be sold within 24 hours as any previous used or unclaimed units have.

Thanks, no luck needed.

So, I guess if you are willing to check in periodically, you can get a used or unclaimed unit quicker than 12 months. Personally though, if they are taking deposits of 50% and not refunding 25% of it if there is a cancellation, I have a hard time paying list for a trailer that has been 25% paid for by someone else. Seems like an unfriendly customer policy,

Any cancellation by Purchaser of this purchase will entitle Moby1 to a cancellation fee of twenty-five percent (25%) of the contract price. Moby1 shall not be required to refund the balance of any deposit made by Purchaser until such time as Moby1 has been able to sell the unit contracted for by Purchaser to an alternative purchaser.

From their comments though, their products seem to be in enough high demand that they do not need to worry about such perceptions.

Regards,
Shacke

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach