Moby1 owners?

OCD Overland

Explorer
I'd call that a solid start. I do like how the gasket extends across the gutter on the side to provide a double seal. But correct me if I'm seeing it wrong, but I would have thought that the gutter would run across the top underneath the hinge as well. I would have also extended that flashing over the cabinet door so that any standing water would drip onto the countertop rather than into the cabinet.

Looks like a lot of wear for a brand new body.

View attachment 291160View attachment 291159View attachment 291158
As you can see in one of the photos with the 'gutter' under the hinge, if water were to seep in from the hinge, it goes into that weep hole and drains at the bottom of the trailer. Completely avoiding any contact with any wooden surface of the cabin/trailer.

SoCal, Great Lakes, Little Guy, etc do NOT have this function, so while simplistic; very innovative in the tear drop market.

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
I've been really happy with my Moby XTR for the past couple of years. It has served me and my family well over some very rough terrain and we have had no complaints whatsoever.

Sadly, it is time to part with the trailer. I wish I could keep it but unfortunately, I cannot. I'd like to get another one some day if I can.

I have it listed here if anyone is interested. This is a great opportunity for someone to get into a XTR for a little less money and with no lead time.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/143533-2013-Moby-1-XTR-Tear-Drop-Trailer-For-Sale

My trailer has been sold.

jericho99

Banned
My moby 1 XTR has been sold. And I've heard from some folks on facebook that they've asked for refunds or their deposits back for their orders, so that could probably decrease the wait times for new orders. This could be good news for you folks wanting new orders and not wanting to wait soooo long!

jericho99

Banned
To answer the questions I'm getting:

1. "How long does it normally take to get your trailer?" From what I've heard from other customers, it's taking 12-15+ months after you've provided your deposit to get your trailer. You should ask the manufacturer (Moby 1) directly for their updated build times.

Though I am hearing from other customers that if you are willing to pay 100% up front or a little extra, you can get your build time compressed and bumped up. For those of you wanting your trailer sooner than the typical 12-15+ months, I highly suggest this route and Ashley at Moby 1 will take care of you and try to get you your trailer sooner.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Though I am hearing from other customers that if you are willing to pay 100% up front or a little extra, you can get your build time compressed and bumped up. For those of you wanting your trailer sooner than the typical 12-15+ months, I highly suggest this route and Ashley at Moby 1 will take care of you and try to get you your trailer sooner.

Now that would just piss me right off if I'd been already waiting six or more months for a trailer and had left a deposit. Maybe he should be paying interest on people's deposits.

jericho99

Banned
I'm sure Ashley & Moby 1 is doing everything they can to service their customers, he may just want to help those customers a little more if they're willing to pay more to bump them up in the schedule.

daveh

Adventurer
I'll wait for the official word on this from Moby1 but if the idea of bumping orders based on deposit amount is true I would be dropping this trailer from consideration. There are other options out there.

jericho99

Banned
I'll wait for the official word on this from Moby1 but if the idea of bumping orders based on deposit amount is true I would be dropping this trailer from consideration. There are other options out there.

I was provided this option myself when I initially provided my deposit and other customers I've talked to who did not mind spending a few extra thousand were also given this offer. At the time, I did not elect to spend the extra cash, so I waited in line. Although, I'm sure if you call and ask, they are willing to work with you on a compressed delivery timeline.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
No not at all, I been looking at all these Australian designs and always wonder why they did not sell here in the USA!

Thanks for the link once again!
Thought you were messing with him cuz he was talking about the trailer and didn't provide a website. :eek:

dfan44

Though I am hearing from other customers that if you are willing to pay 100% up front or a little extra, you can get your build time compressed and bumped up.

This was never offered to me and I had extensive discussions before putting my deposit in. I never asked, but Moby1 was firm and straightforward that 50% down payment got you into the que.

Last edited:

jericho99

Banned
This was never offered to me and I had extensive discussions before putting my deposit in. I never asked, but Moby1 was firm and straightforward that 50% down payment got you into the que.

Their website FAQ says 10-12 months, but I think 12-15 months is more accurate. I am going on 11 months since my deposit was placed.

dfan44, you just gotta ask the right questions and then you shall receive. This is probably not a typical offering, but Ashley is very open to taking care of his customers if you're willing to pay. I myself and few others ahead of me had ours bumped by Shia Labeouf between 2012 and 2013. I guess if you were the starring actor of Transformers and have a lot of cash to throw around, what's a few extra thousand to get your trailer bumped up in line, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater