Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sure, you can borrow a Mojoe! No cost to a fellow overlander! You'll have to pick it up and drop it off in Arcadia though....and Oh yeah, you have to post up some pictures of you cooking on it out in the Mojave!

Cam

That is simply awesome! I'll PM you on making arrangements.
Compliments to your son John. I really did the multicultural groove in that White Mtns video intro.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
MMMMMM…. I can still taste the Fajitas from OE14…… what can we expect to be mooching off you this year?

I'll bring the Corona & limes!

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
MMMMMM…. I can still taste the Fajitas from OE14…… what can we expect to be mooching off you this year?

I'll bring the Corona & limes!

We will definitely be at the OE15 this year pumping out all kinds of delectables! I have a big rib roast in the freezer just waiting to be sliced up thin and jump on the Mojoe to become Mojoe Cheese Steak Sandwiches. We'll also be doing Asian Fried noodles (courtesy of Frederick) Carnitas tacos, sliders with cheese skirts, quesadillas, fried rice, breakfast tacos, pancakes, etc., etc. Every time you stop by our booth we'll be cooking up something different.

Let it be known that if any of you have anything you want to try on the Mojoe, just bring your food over and we'll create something magnificent together!

Corona and Limes will help the cooking process tremendously!

Cam

Camadile

Mojoe Omelets and Home Fries

Last September, My buddy Brian and I when on an Overlanding Trip to the far outback of the White Mountains in CA and then headed for the North Rim of the Long Valley Caldera. We decided to make our breakfast right on the lip of the Caldera with an unbelievable view of the Sierra escarpment 15 miles in the background. This is the overlanding experience at its finest - It Don't Git Much Better'n Dat! We set up the Mojoe Griddle on my Camp Chef stove and set about to cooking on the Mojoe Griddle. Even if you are not in to cooking, the scenery is incredible and well worth the watch.

Here is the video:

[video]https://youtu.be/10mUGvqFlxM[/video]

Cam

Camadile

OutdoorX4 Magazine and Mojoe Outfitters Presents "Freestyle Bacon Sandwiches!"

The next issue of OutdoorX4 Magazine will feature my Back Country Diner article on how to make gourmet "Freestyle Bacon Sandwiches" for dinner out on the trail. These are the same sandwiches that we made for over 130 people at the American Adventurist Desert Rendezvous in March!

To go along with the article, we made a video of the whole process! Check it out:

[video]https://youtu.be/9893_WVecfw[/video]

Cam

geo-jnky

Cam, I am really digging your product and I especially appreciate your business philosophy! I would like to purchase one but I almost choked when I saw the shipping charges!! :eek: I DO realize that it is fairly large (but thin) and heavy but I didn't expect THAT! Is there only one way to ship at the current time or are there options? I live in 17402. Looking forward to using your product!

Dave

Camadile

Cam, I am really digging your product and I especially appreciate your business philosophy! I would like to purchase one but I almost choked when I saw the shipping charges!! :eek: I DO realize that it is fairly large (but thin) and heavy but I didn't expect THAT! Is there only one way to ship at the current time or are there options? I live in 17402. Looking forward to using your product!

Dave

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the input! The shipping is a ***** that I just can't seem to make go away! I've got an idea that I have been thinking about to even out the shipping cost across the US and provide lower costs for East Coasters. This may be implemented in the next couple of weeks. Send me an email at camstone@mojoeoutfitters.com and maybe we can work something out.

Cam

Camadile

RIBEYE! A Silent Movie

Sit back, relax and enjoy a simple crust-searing cook of six Ribeye steaks on the Mojoe Griddle without all my BS to get in the way! Heat: Oak fire in the wash tub fire pit!

Food pron at its best:

[video]https://youtu.be/85wCGCAFSUM[/video]

Cam

geo-jnky

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the input! The shipping is a ***** that I just can't seem to make go away! I've got an idea that I have been thinking about to even out the shipping cost across the US and provide lower costs for East Coasters. This may be implemented in the next couple of weeks. Send me an email at camstone@mojoeoutfitters.com and maybe we can work something out.

Cam

Thanks, Cam!! Got my griddle ordered!! Can't wait to use it!

Dave

Camadile

Dave

Hi Dave!

Glad we could work something out! I promise that you will LOVE the Mojoe Griddle! I shipped your items earlier today - they are on their way!

Cam

MTaco

Adventurer

Dave

Have you used your Mojoe yet? We love ours and use it several times a week. Taking it on a five day camping trip next week. Only problem is everyone else wants to cook on it so I never get too!

Camadile

Have you used your Mojoe yet? We love ours and use it several times a week. Taking it on a five day camping trip next week. Only problem is everyone else wants to cook on it so I never get too!

Be sure to post up your cooking pictures!

Cam

aaen

Adventurer
Well well, just stumbled upon this fancy little item looking for a few cast iron goodies. I must say i am rather impressed and it cleans up so much nicer then cast iron does. Well my cast iron never seems to come clean after use no matter what. Sigh, my mom's used to be spotless and smooth mine just doesn't seem to want to com clean, unless I take out the scrubber and soap :(, which just ruins them.

Anyways, I may have to make a road trip down south here in a few weeks to pick one of these puppies up. I love cooking on hot plates, something I picked up from the South africans/Aussies I worked with over in Africa, man they would cooked up some mean meals when I was there, and we just used a sheet of metal we found in the jungle we cleaned up. Worked the treat, I think it was from an old car if I remember correctly.

Out of curiosity how much for shipping to British Columbia? I am guessing it would be through the roof given the size/weight of these.

Keep up the good work and you can probably expect an order or a visit from me sometime this summer.

Steve

Camadile

Well well, just stumbled upon this fancy little item looking for a few cast iron goodies. I must say i am rather impressed and it cleans up so much nicer then cast iron does. Well my cast iron never seems to come clean after use no matter what. Sigh, my mom's used to be spotless and smooth mine just doesn't seem to want to com clean, unless I take out the scrubber and soap :(, which just ruins them.

Anyways, I may have to make a road trip down south here in a few weeks to pick one of these puppies up. I love cooking on hot plates, something I picked up from the South africans/Aussies I worked with over in Africa, man they would cooked up some mean meals when I was there, and we just used a sheet of metal we found in the jungle we cleaned up. Worked the treat, I think it was from an old car if I remember correctly.

Out of curiosity how much for shipping to British Columbia? I am guessing it would be through the roof given the size/weight of these.

Keep up the good work and you can probably expect an order or a visit from me sometime this summer.

Steve

Hey Steve!

If you have seen my videos (www.youtube.com/mojoeoutfitters ), then you know that cleaning the Mojoe is literally a 30 second process when it is hot: Scrape, salt, oil and a rub down with a wad of paper towels! When I go out on the trail, the only thing I have to wash is the spatula (I use paper plates).

The Mojoe was born from a piece of scrap steel that I propped up on rocks in my campfire for a few years. Every time I used it, I was blown away! (Just like what you saw in Africa) My desire to also use it in my backyard led to several design iterations that led to the current product!

If you live in Vancouver, then the shipping will probably be in the $70 - $80 dollar range. If you live in the boonies, I don't have a clue! If you have a friend who lives across the border, I could ship it there and you could drive it across - whatever works.

I hope you acquire one - you won't be disappointed!

Cam

aaen

Adventurer
Cam,

Thanks, I'm actually debating heading down to Oregon in a few weeks time just waiting on my dang paso sort to come in (5months and waiting, 4 pictures and numerous other forms sent in. All because of a tiny bit of water damage on the back cover, canceled numerous trips). Sorry bit of a rant.

I'm quite familiar with you videos, I've seen them for awhile, just never crossed my mind until I saw the post up here on Exped.

If and when I decide to go forward I'll be sure to call.

Thanks

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal