Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Cam,

Thanks, I'm actually debating heading down to Oregon in a few weeks time just waiting on my dang paso sort to come in (5months and waiting, 4 pictures and numerous other forms sent in. All because of a tiny bit of water damage on the back cover, canceled numerous trips). Sorry bit of a rant.

I'm quite familiar with you videos, I've seen them for awhile, just never crossed my mind until I saw the post up here on Exped.

If and when I decide to go forward I'll be sure to call.

Thanks

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Hey Steve:

Just let me know how you want to do it and I'll figure out a way to make it happen.

Cam

Camadile

Full English Breakfast on the Mojoe Over the Campfire - Sierra Nevada Backdrop

This video was shot at 9000 feet in the Inyo Mountains with the Sierra Nevada Mountains providing a spectacular backdrop. Russell and Jane Blackman of the UK challenged me to cook this amazing British breakfast feast over a campfire using my Mojoe Griddle. This video was shot at Mazourka Flats on an epic overlanding trip which included the trail from Mazourka Flats to Papoose Flats.

Special thanks to "Nigel" the Coyote and Sir Brian Sweet from the Ministry of Silly Walks. Here's the Video:

[video]https://youtu.be/jy3gsNSaOMw[/video]

If you are interested in seeing photos from our overlanding trip to the Inyo Mountains check out this link:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113911741836786410805/albums/6160306142124112593?authkey=CIPD7pbxlqC8Kw

Cam

nwoods

Expedition Leader
If you are interested in seeing photos from our overlanding trip to the Inyo Mountains check out this link:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113911741836786410805/albums/6160306142124112593?authkey=CIPD7pbxlqC8Kw

Cam

Finally got a chance to check out those photos. Cam, you got some really nice shots!

IMG_1932.JPG

Camadile

Oh! I forgot to mention - Kris and I went to Baja (San Quintin) last week and stayed at the Old Mill Hotel. We cooked fresh seafood for anyone who looked our way - right in front of our room! Several fishermen gave us some of their catch - White sea bass and halibut. We made ceviche and sushi out of the bass and some amazing fish tacos with the halibut. Many of the fishermen were bringing in 40 to 50 pound white sea bass! We also made Oysters Rockefeller with oysters right out of San Quintin Bay and sumptuous clam chowder with some huge Pismo clams.

Here is a link to some of the photos we took on our trip:

https://plus.google.com/photos/113911741836786410805/albums/6175984593358520769?authkey=COHZl4rU2fLb8AE

The last two photos are of the Oysters Rockefeller and Taco de pescada y elote con hatch chiles y queso cotilla!

Stay tunes for a couple more Mojoe videos from this trip!

Cam

Black1

Mojoe Full English Breakfast

Lovely product but;

Honestly thats not a British Breakfast...!!!!!

Toast - No right minded Englishman would use something that resembles a french loaf ! it should be granery or bloomer loaf preferably with Hovis written on the side

Normally it would be fried toast done in the fat of the bacon or sausage

Bacon - Good god man that thin tastless manufactured streaked piece of fat as it has no right to be described as bacon ! It should be thick and meaty with just a touch of fat or rind--
Bacon.JPG

Potato - suppose you think Idaho is in the UK too--- a UK breakfast does not ever contain hash browns....in London you might get a few proper chips.... ------you may just get some sliced fried potato further north .... but never ever shredded

Tomato- halved not sliced

Sausages- Your's must have been precooked and not real sausages with actual meat in them, as they would have needed to go on first !

This image is of sausages, they are made of meat with the odd spice chilli stilton or leak added, I have no idea what those things were you cooked !

sausages2.jpg

Mushrooms - Check

Beans - Check

Eggs- fried squashed runny and asimilar in shape or scrambled, as they come, we don't like our food looking like it came from a packet or mc Donalds

Where's the black or liver sausage ! :)

And meanwhile back to the thread !

Paul

Quite frankly, I cannot believe you have made this post about the Full English Breakfast from Mojoe outfitters. If you had listened properly and researched a bit more you would have seen that it was all about the product, not the full English.

We are the people who gave Cam Stone the challenge as a bit of fun, and thank you Cam for the video, it was great. We were always going to buy the Mojoe after trying several other products that were useless. In America, not all of the ingredients are readily available for the full English, but I and many others think Cam done an excellent attempt (It looked delicious). What I cannot understand is your interpretation of the Full English breakfast. I am 52 and have never heard of an English breakfast having chips for one (unless you are a McDonald fan) or black/liver sausage (did you mean black pudding, which is not available in the US). This was never meant to be Masterchef, it was about fun and enjoying cooking on the Mojoe in the wild outdoors. Rather than posting pictures of English sausages/bacon and criticising Cam about the full English, you should get a life and not post nasty comments and enjoy the greatness of overland adventure and cooking in the wild.

Jane and Russell
Basingstoke
Hampshire
England

Black1

Paul

Quite frankly, I cannot believe you have made this post about the Full English Breakfast from Mojoe outfitters. If you had listened properly and researched a bit more you would have seen that it was all about the product, not the full English.

We are the people who gave Cam Stone the challenge as a bit of fun, and thank you Cam for the video, it was great. We were always going to buy the Mojoe after trying several other products that were useless. In America, not all of the ingredients are readily available for the full English, but I and many others think Cam done an excellent attempt (It looked delicious). What I cannot understand is your interpretation of the Full English breakfast. I am 52 and have never heard of an English breakfast having chips for one (unless you are a McDonald fan) or black/liver sausage (did you mean black pudding, which is not available in the US). This was never meant to be Masterchef, it was about fun and enjoying cooking on the Mojoe in the wild outdoors. Rather than posting pictures of English sausages/bacon and criticising Cam about the full English, you should get a life and not post nasty comments and enjoy the greatness of overland adventure and cooking in the wild.

Jane and Russell
Basingstoke
Hampshire
England

Camadile

Hey, No harm, no foul!

I'm also thinking that Paul was just pointing out that the title of the video and the actual end product don't match perfectly. As an American living in California, it is extremely difficult to find the British version of all the multitude of foods that make the Full English Breakfast...well English! The folks who have seen my videos before know that I am a bit irreverent and go where my pea brain takes me. I change directions in the middle of a cook all the time! So perhaps I should have called the video: "A hapless American Attempts to Cook a Full English Breakfast". My videos are meant to be entertaining and showcase my product all at the same time. My primary goal is to show the viewer that Mojoe cooking is a blast (fun). Almost every meal that I cook comes right out of my head without consulting a book, recipe or foodnetwork.com. I did do some research for the FEB because I had no idea what it was when Darrell and Jane challenged me!

I bought the "bangers" from the most expensive butcher in the area - they tasted like meat and they were delicious.

You just cannot get English loin bacon here in the States mainly because even the UK Ex-pats prefer the American, manufactured, streaky, fatty stuff. Looked everywhere - couldn't find it.

I made mention in the video that I wasn't using the proper English bread but I did "fry" it in pork fat (what we call bacon grease).

I used the egg rings to show another way to cook eggs on the Mojoe. Especially if you want them "sunny side up"

The tomatoes I used were smallish and actually were a half of tomato with the rounded ends cut off to make them easier to handle on the griddle - strictly for expedience.

I also mentioned in the video that the "hash browns" were not authentic - just American.

I went to three high-end butchers looking for "Black (or White) Pudding. No one had any idea what I was talking about. No "blood sausage" either.

At least I got the baked beans right - directly from Middlesex!

Again, I am sure that Paul had no Idea where I was coming from. Most of the outdoor YouTube chefs out there take themselves very seriously and endeavor to cook everything perfectly by the book. Most of them do an incredible job in that arena. I am most definitely not in that class!

I would like to thank Paul for taking a great deal of time to watch my video and write down his thoughts/comments/pictures. No offense taken as the whole thing was undertaken to make good on a deal I made with a pair of wonderful Brits that I met at the Overland Expo. Darrell and Jane are now cooking on their very own Mojoe Griddle, I have a new Mojoe video (with controversy!), I had a great overlanding trip to the Inyo Mountains and all is right with the world!

If anyone is interested, the rest of my videos can be found at: www.youtube.com/mojoeoutfitters A new video, "Mojoe Oysters Rockefeller in Baja!" will be posted on YouTube by tomorrow morning. (The recipe I used for the Rockefeller is is solely a product of my imagination and in no way reflects the multitude of correct recipes from all the restaurants in the world who claim to have the original recipe)

Cam

Camadile

Changing subjects......

I just posted a new Mojoe Video! "Mojoe Oysters Rockefeller in Baja!"

My buddy Kris and I took a glorious trip to Baja a couple of weeks ago and cooked a lot of fresh seafood on the patio in front of our "Old Mill Hotel" room in San Quintin. We got our oysters right out of the clear waters of San Quintin Bay just a few hours before they were transformed into Rockefellers!

We used our Mojoe Griddle and a BBQ lid to form a baking oven with a Camp Chef stove providing the heat!

Here is the link:

[url]https://youtu.be/mAekIhRpvko[/URL]

Check it out!

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal