Mojoe Griddle | Mojoe Outfitters Thread

Bigunit

Adventurer
Lovely product but;

Honestly thats not a British Breakfast...!!!!!

Toast - No right minded Englishman would use something that resembles a french loaf ! it should be granery or bloomer loaf preferably with Hovis written on the side

Normally it would be fried toast done in the fat of the bacon or sausage

Bacon - Good god man that thin tastless manufactured streaked piece of fat as it has no right to be described as bacon ! It should be thick and meaty with just a touch of fat or rind--
Bacon.JPG

Potato - suppose you think Idaho is in the UK too--- a UK breakfast does not ever contain hash browns....in London you might get a few proper chips.... ------you may just get some sliced fried potato further north .... but never ever shredded

Tomato- halved not sliced

Sausages- Your's must have been precooked and not real sausages with actual meat in them, as they would have needed to go on first !

This image is of sausages, they are made of meat with the odd spice chilli stilton or leak added, I have no idea what those things were you cooked !

sausages2.jpg

Mushrooms - Check

Beans - Check

Eggs- fried squashed runny and asimilar in shape or scrambled, as they come, we don't like our food looking like it came from a packet or mc Donalds

Where's the black or liver sausage ! :)

And meanwhile back to the thread !
A Brit knocking American food? I know - the Brits invented culinary cuisine after all but I don't think that I have ever met anyone who has traveled to the UK because of the food!

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Mojoe Baja Fish Tocos!

Here is another video in a series of three Mojoe seafood cooking shows that Kris and I shot on our recent trip to San Quintin, Baja. In this case, we invited some fishermen staying at the hotel to join us in a fish taco feast so they donated the halibut that they caught surf fishing earlier in the day! Halibut turned out to be the perfect fish for our Baja Style Fish Tacos!

[video]https://youtu.be/j9Lni6mCtuQ[/video]

You can check out photos from this glorious trip on our Facebook Page

Cam

Camadile

You coming to any of the east coast events? Like the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival in PA or Overland East in NC?

I would love to but I would have to drive across the country to get there if I brought along any Mojoes! Right now, I just can't take that much time. We did go to Expo West the last two years and had an awesome time!

Cam

zeebm45

Cam -

Wanted to say I love the product and really appreciate all your help in getting mine to me! I also want everyone to know how awesome your customer service is so here is my quick plug!

My fiancee ordered me a mojo for my birthday and the day it was supposed to arrive the UPS guy was late (which delayed dinner cause I was planning on cooking steak sandwiches that night on it!) Once he finally arrived, I opened the door to accept the package but instead of handing it to me, the UPS guy threw it on its side onto my front step and walked away. Well needless to say I was not happy, picked up the package and took it inside immediately for inspection. Upon opening it I realized it was dented (and dinner was delayed again!). I took pictures and contacted Cam about this (it was Friday afternoon) and he said he would get in contact with UPS and let me know the game plan on Monday. After he talked to them, he realized this was going to be a slow painful process and he sent me out a replacement before I could even get UPS to come and pick up the damaged one!

Needless to say I can't say enough about how well and quickly Cam took care of the problem. So, again, thanks Cam! Can't wait to get it out camping after I get back in September from my honeymoon!

Matt

Camadile

What single burner do you recommend with the Mojoe?

That is a really great question! I've gone through several single burner stoves until I finally found the one that Rocks with the Mojoe! The first thing I learned is don't buy a stove with the "high pressure" 60,000 BTU "torch" burner. This burner is really designed for boiling large pots of water and not much else. What you want is the cast "low pressure" 30,000 BTU "banjo style" burner. You get far better adjustability and a wider flame circle.

I recently purchased a stove/burner that is just made for the Mojoe - especially for overlanders where space is an issue. It is called the "Camp Chef Universal Output Single Burner Stove" It packs up into a 15" x 15" x 8" package and can be used on a table or extended to two different heights by attaching the included set of 13" legs or buying an additional set of legs to bring it up to the perfect cooking height.

Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000646U2M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

As stated above, I highly recommend buying the additional leg extensions. Here is the Amazon link for these:

http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-extenions-SHPRL-stove/dp/B0002YUBDK/ref=pd_sim_86_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N5M36146KNFWR43A0WZ

This stove is light weight, takes very little space and has some serious power for the Mojoe.

Cam

cactusjk

Explorer
That is a really great question! I've gone through several single burner stoves until I finally found the one that Rocks with the Mojoe! The first thing I learned is don't buy a stove with the "high pressure" 60,000 BTU "torch" burner. This burner is really designed for boiling large pots of water and not much else. What you want is the cast "low pressure" 30,000 BTU "banjo style" burner. You get far better adjustability and a wider flame circle.

I recently purchased a stove/burner that is just made for the Mojoe - especially for overlanders where space is an issue. It is called the "Camp Chef Universal Output Single Burner Stove" It packs up into a 15" x 15" x 8" package and can be used on a table or extended to two different heights by attaching the included set of 13" legs or buying an additional set of legs to bring it up to the perfect cooking height.

Here is the link on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000646U2M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

As stated above, I highly recommend buying the additional leg extensions. Here is the Amazon link for these:

http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-extenions-SHPRL-stove/dp/B0002YUBDK/ref=pd_sim_86_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N5M36146KNFWR43A0WZ

This stove is light weight, takes very little space and has some serious power for the Mojoe.

Cam

Great advice! Getting ready to shift over to Mojoe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camadile

Cam -

Wanted to say I love the product and really appreciate all your help in getting mine to me! I also want everyone to know how awesome your customer service is so here is my quick plug!

My fiancee ordered me a mojo for my birthday and the day it was supposed to arrive the UPS guy was late (which delayed dinner cause I was planning on cooking steak sandwiches that night on it!) Once he finally arrived, I opened the door to accept the package but instead of handing it to me, the UPS guy threw it on its side onto my front step and walked away. Well needless to say I was not happy, picked up the package and took it inside immediately for inspection. Upon opening it I realized it was dented (and dinner was delayed again!). I took pictures and contacted Cam about this (it was Friday afternoon) and he said he would get in contact with UPS and let me know the game plan on Monday. After he talked to them, he realized this was going to be a slow painful process and he sent me out a replacement before I could even get UPS to come and pick up the damaged one!

Needless to say I can't say enough about how well and quickly Cam took care of the problem. So, again, thanks Cam! Can't wait to get it out camping after I get back in September from my honeymoon!

Matt

Thanks for the good words, Matt! Congrats again on getting married! Any woman who buys her man camping gear (especially a Mojoe) has just got yo be a great catch!

Cam

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Wow, would love to see that photo. How on earth did Oops manage to dent a MoJo?

I'm guessing dropping on-end from a height would do it. I've lost a lot of golf discs this way. They seem really pliable and strong, but a hard impact on-edge is enough to collapse at subtle concave shape and they turn into taco-shells.

Example.

zeebm45

They did ... I was literally standing at the door with my hands extended ready to receive the package and the guy threw it onto the front porch. I heard it ping and about went bazerk!

Camadile

"Patrons of the Pit" Blog reviews the Mojoe Griddle!

The guys from the "Patrons of the Pit" have just published an independent product review of the Mojoe Griddle. These guys are excellent writers and their articles about backyard cooking and BBQ are first rate and worth reading if you like cooking.

Here is their review of the Mojoe Griddle:

Mojoe Griddle Product Review

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal