More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

FJC Scout

Observer
Lol.. Just saw a friend that I hadn't seen in the longest time. At one point, we both had similar modified TJ Saharas.

Anyways, he showed up in an FJ Cruiser. So we started talking mods and stuff. Then he goes.... Apparently, the FJ Cruiser is the only vehicle that can outdo a JK Rubicon!!!!! I smiled and laughed in my head, thinking of this thread and told him I didn't know.... He went on about how stronger and virtually bullet proof everything is compared to JKs etc.... I just listened and then changed the subject...😀

Your friend has a lot to learn! Our FJ Cruisers are quite capable, but claiming that it is the only vehicle capable of outdoing a Rubicon Wrangler is just ignorant. Each has it's place, and there are many variables. For example driver skill/experience definitely make a difference in any vehicle. I would not presume to take my FJC "rock crawling", though I'm sure I could do fine (however I wouldn't "out-do" a Rubi by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

da10A

Adventurer
I just knew that wether it can outdo it or not, my 10a is way more jeep than I have the guts to verify. So I prefered just not arguing a point that I can't prove.

marktutone

Adventurer
http://youtu.be/R7yCCcVJE54
Here's the proof that jeep is number one! I don't see a single lrd or tlc in this tough challenge!

I see your point. No other 4x4 vehicle is as iconic and well known in the world as Jeep. Even the toys that replicate the best made most capable at an affordable price 4x4 available in the world are everywhere! Point well taken. Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Damn it!

I thought this thread was finally dead!

What he said only I was thinking it was worthless about page 2

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Howdy Iam back:wings:

Some say that the Wrangler have insufficient payload for overlanding, I just hade to count. My 2013 Rubicon unlimited have a payload of 545kg, 1201.52 pounds.

We say for two people for 20 days without gasstations, shops, water etc, a rather extreme situation.
1 passenger = 75 kg
2 Helinox chairs =2kg
1 Helinox table = 1kg
2 madrasses Exped 1kg
2 sleeping bags 4 kg
1 Fridge 40 liter 16kg
Water 100 liter. 2.5 liter a day for one person. 5x25 =125kg
Tools = 20kg
Personal items = 20kg
Medical bag = 1kg
Tent = 4 kg
Food = 30kg
Kitchen stuff = 10kg
Petrol 100 liters 5x25 = 125kg
Extra battery = 20kg
Solar panel = 5kg
Total for 20 days for 2 people= 459kg (1011.92 pounds).
My payload 545 kg-459kg= 86kg
As I am 86kg (about 189.6 pounds) under the payload I can bring a lot more with me.
You can increase the payload if you take out the rear seat.
I dont know if I have forgotten som vital heavy stuff here but I dont think so.
So the payload is more than sufficient for overlanding with 2 persons in a Jeep Wrangler unlimited for 20 days without any possibility to get supplies.

Jurfie

Adventurer
5e8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy