More proof that Jeep is the leader in 4x4 overland vehicles

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
:safari-rig:
Here is the official map of countries that have official Jeep presence:

http://www.jeep.com/crossbrand/intl_site_locator/index.html

Most of Africa missing, and a chunk of central asia but otherwise the globe is covered.

-Dan

Yes I have seen it, but it will be soon loaded with countries that have official Jeep presence ??? :arabia:

I live in Sweden and before I had a Suzuki Jimny that I bought here and serviced here and Suzuki vehicles can be bought on many places in Sweden but there are no Official Suzuki presence and it is because Suzuki vehicles are not sold by Suzuki here it is imported via a swedish company called Nimag Sverige AB.

So for the countries below there are no official Jeep presence but other companies in the countries import them and sell them and service them in Afrika.

TANZANIA
UGANDA
ZAMBIA
MOZAMBIQUE
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Botzwana
Namibia

jdillard

Observer
Just as when a Dodge truck dude speaks with a Ford truck dude, someones harbles will be jostled. Jeepers are exceedingly protective of their vehicle. Never take em seriously when they go into kiddo mode 'nuh uuuuuhh, MY hot wheels are better than YOUR hot wheels, because mine is purples!'

Well, I wouldn't limit my criticism to the pro-jeep side. I expect a level of parochialism and outright xenophobia among the general population, but it surprises me to find it so prevalent here among a group supposedly more open to expanding their horizons. I mean, there are what I would consider to be fairly self-evident pros and cons to any of the vehicles argued about here; but in place of a conversation about how those qualities might help or hinder dependent on the situation, I find a seemingly endless stream of ad hominem. Granted, the OP didn't offer a good start, but I was hoping that eventually the attacks and dismissals would settle down. As someone trying to chose between a wrangler and a 4runner, these threads are obviously of interest.

Well that's a nice way to introduce yourself.
And this thread provided your forum's introduction to me. So, we're even.

kpredator

Adventurer
have not run across any jeeps in botswana,namibia,zimbabwe.
I am certain there are a few in south africa.maybe will see dans on his journey or ommar"s on his capetown trip!!

good luck

kp

rabies

time is running out.....
after reading through this, it gave me diarea...of the mind.
*closes thread and gets up to use restroom*

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Well, I wouldn't limit my criticism to the pro-jeep side. I expect a level of parochialism and outright xenophobia among the general population, but it surprises me to find it so prevalent here among a group supposedly more open to expanding their horizons. I mean, there are what I would consider to be fairly self-evident pros and cons to any of the vehicles argued about here; but in place of a conversation about how those qualities might help or hinder dependent on the situation, I find a seemingly endless stream of ad hominem. Granted, the OP didn't offer a good start, but I was hoping that eventually the attacks and dismissals would settle down. As someone trying to chose between a wrangler and a 4runner, these threads are obviously of interest.

Well, see your problem is you are trying to choose between two second rate brands, and models that don't even represent the best those manage to offer.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
:safari-rig:
So for the countries below there are no official Jeep presence but other companies in the countries import them and sell them and service them in Afrika.

TANZANIA
UGANDA
ZAMBIA
MOZAMBIQUE
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Botzwana
Namibia

Ahh, thanks, I had not thought of that, but it makes sense.

-Dan

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder---

So is needlessly-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Pretty sure the most multi country overland types are on two wheels so that sorta throws your idea right out the window. Even doing a high $ trip through the Serengetti Toyota Everything was used from Corrolla's to Mini vans to built up Troopy 9 passenger Land Cruisers. Hell even the 1980's Peugot 303 TD's were out there as TAXI's!

The idea that a person needs a built up Zombie wagon to travel the world is a bit silly. However working on vehicles and doing cool stuff to them is a fun hobby that seems to be related to the idea of Overlanding.

tymbom

So how come the Jeep fanboys don't point out how the offset diffs from the Flatties was copied by Land Rover and Toyota?? And they still use them... Or how Mahindra built copies of the flattie for years... I like jeeps. I have two. But, I don't think its the best vehicle to overland around the world in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy