Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

A higher back Helinox will probably come out

10300434_727614270617498_3640965954637093252_n.jpg

From Facebook

Introducing "Sunset Chair" !!
Soon, together with "Camp Chair", "Swivel Chair", "High Cot" and "Cot Max"

Unfortunately, our Sunset Chair design has found out to be leaked early this year.
We have been thinking if we need to stop developing this product or keep moving forward. After months of consideration, we decided to commercialize it anyway. Because we believe we can make this product better than someone who just takes our idea.

All new models will be revealed this summer !!!
Outdoor Retailer Show, Salt Lake City, USA
OutDoor show, Friedrichshafen, Germany

Honu

lost on the mainland
I know you asked him :) we found going to the inflatable ones really nice we got Nemo pads the only one more comfy was the exped mega mat 10 which was self inflating ! now exped has a inflatable version of the mega mat that I bet would be insane comfort !!!!!
there is a good thread in the camping section on mats worth searching out :)

Chad

Hi Omar,

Nice Jeep and setup BTW.

Just a question, how do you find the comfort of the smaller sleeping mattress?

We're on a down sizing mission, just like Honu's. Started with the Helinox chairs, now looking at our sleeping bags and our self inflating mattresses.

Honu

lost on the mainland
that would be nice to get a high back helinox :)
chances are my kids would not get them :) ahhahaha but my mod I did works so well and was basically free its worth doing till they come out :)

that image also looks like the chair is taller ? the leg part so wondered if they raised the seat height to ?

wonder what the swivel chair will be ? the cot they have looks really nice but $$$ now with max cot ? hmmmmm

marktutone

Adventurer
I would have no issue owning a Jeep. It was what I looked at first. But I like to be unique and not look like the sheep around me. So when I started seeing all the Jeeps around (and the price tag they created) I went with my Tacoma. I felt that 45000k+ was ridiculous for an Unlimited Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went to the Toyota site and tried to make a tacoma that is some what similar to the Rubicon package. It ended up being a TRD model with 4x4. Internet price was $40560.00. I then went to the Jeep site and built a similar equipped Rubicon. Internet price was $35990.00. You need to do some better shopping.
Both vehicles were 4 door.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I would have no issue owning a Jeep. It was what I looked at first. But I like to be unique and not look like the sheep around me. So when I started seeing all the Jeeps around (and the price tag they created) I went with my Tacoma. I felt that 45000k+ was ridiculous for an Unlimited Rubicon.

Tacoma? unique? There's not a memory card large enough to photograph all the off road Tacos around here that you'd see in one day.

Around here, conservatives drive jeeps and liberals drive Toyotas, and I drive a soccer van.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Tacoma? unique? There's not a memory card large enough to photograph all the off road Tacos around here that you'd see in one day.

Around here, conservatives drive jeeps and liberals drive Toyotas, and I drive a soccer van.

Jeeps are far from unique. Everyday I see 20 heeps for every 3 tacoma. Wranglers are the new fad. I can't wait for this one to die off.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

thedjjack

Dream it build it
All of that's been pretty well blown out of the water as well. The kiss idea is silly. There are thousands and hundreds of thousands of new vehicles with over 300000 miles. The idea that older is reliable is crazy.

I drive new trucks off road for work.... no thanks... But I work and live without cell coverage and tow companies... I am not saying a new truck wont go 1 million miles but there is lots to go wrong when compared to a tractor... this is why the series70 sell to mines and F350 diesels don't. But I build my own stuff..

Funny about the commercial haul companies... they are doing a different job on pavement in civilization and wearing out a truck every 3 years and the new equipment off warranty is an issue... I have been stranded when an ECU packed it in.. I have been stuck when vacuum/electronic axle will not engage... stranded when an auto ecu packed it in... drove home in first gear since the speedo sensor packed it in and the auto did not know it was moving...

Depends where you go and how you get there.... but the tractor will always get there...even if you need to use bailing wire for the last 100 feet....

Last edited:

RoyJ

Adventurer
Man, have you any idea? I'm no fan of the newer Cruisers myself, but weak is the most inappropriate word you could possibly come up with to describe them. No friggin' way. They're the most overbuilt, durable vehicle on the road in the US by far.

Both "weak" and "most overbuilt, durable vehicle on the road in the US by far" are exaggerations, on the opposite end of the scale.

They're high quality trucks, with components that are designed to last, for the most part. The 100/200's over complicated luxry electronics won't be desirable for overlanding.

Definitely not "overbuilt". The only two vehicles I'd label as such is the H1 and the late model Power Wagon. Both have incredibly strong frames, axles, and when properly equipped, can gross well over 12,000 lbs (up-armored HMMWVs and a 3500 dually, which shares the frame with PW). The LC can't touch them in that aspect.

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
I just went to the Toyota site and tried to make a tacoma that is some what similar to the Rubicon package. It ended up being a TRD model with 4x4. Internet price was $40560.00. I then went to the Jeep site and built a similar equipped Rubicon. Internet price was $35990.00. You need to do some better shopping.
Both vehicles were 4 door.

Internet pricing is great and all, dealership pricing is different. I can quote things online all day.

Dealership wanted 45.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Heh, you guys remind me of debate club in school. Let's assign different people different vehicles to advocate as best, then each go out and cherry pick data that supports our point of view. :)

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
All of that's been pretty well blown out of the water as well. The kiss idea is silly. There are thousands and hundreds of thousands of new vehicles with over 300000 miles. The idea that older is reliable is crazy.

I drive new trucks off road for work.... no thanks... But I work and live without cell coverage and tow companies... I am not saying a new truck wont go 1 million miles but there is lots to go wrong when compared to a tractor... this is why the series70 sell to mines and F350 diesels don't. But I build my own stuff..

Funny about the commercial haul companies... they are doing a different job on pavement in civilization and wearing out a truck every 3 years and the new equipment off warranty is an issue... I have been stranded when an ECU packed it in.. I have been stuck when vacuum/electronic axle will not engage... stranded when an auto ecu packed it in... drove home in first gear since the speedo sensor packed it in and the auto did not know it was moving...

Depends where you go and how you get there.... but the tractor will always get there...even if you need to use bailing wire for the last 100 feet....

Funny you say that. My brother In laws tractor died. The injector pump went out and that's all she wrote. That's your basic mechanical equipment. Won't be fixed with bailing wire.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Last edited:

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Both "weak" and "most overbuilt, durable vehicle on the road in the US by far" are exaggerations, on the opposite end of the scale.

They're high quality trucks, with components that are designed to last, for the most part. The 100/200's over complicated luxry electronics won't be desirable for overlanding.

Definitely not "overbuilt". The only two vehicles I'd label as such is the H1 and the late model Power Wagon. Both have incredibly strong frames, axles, and when properly equipped, can gross well over 12,000 lbs (up-armored HMMWVs and a 3500 dually, which shares the frame with PW). The LC can't touch them in that aspect.

So wait, you think new cruisers have complicated electronic components but in the same breath you think a brand new power wagon is overbuilt. How In the world does that make sense?

jeepgc

Adventurer
Hi

I think the comfort is really nice.

The company http://www.exped.com have different kinds

I have this shorter one Downmat Lite 5M (medium) http://www.exped.com/usa/en/product-category/mats/downmat-lite-5-m

I know you asked him :) we found going to the inflatable ones really nice we got Nemo pads the only one more comfy was the exped mega mat 10 which was self inflating ! now exped has a inflatable version of the mega mat that I bet would be insane comfort !!!!!
there is a good thread in the camping section on mats worth searching out :)

Chad

Thank you Omar and Chad, will check those out.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

found out on Landrover Sweden if You choose Heavy duty payload on the Landrover Defender Stationwagon 110 the payload is 1380kg ( 3040 pounds) and a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited has a payload of 892 lb and that is about 405kg. http://www.landrover.se/vehicles/defender/explore/station-wagon klick on "Prestanda och vikter"

So heavy duty Defender has 2148 LBS (975kg) more in payload than a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

So the Rubicon sucks as an overlanding vehicle on paper, in the real life I dont think it is so big difference, but I dont know just providing numbers:)

But if my math is correct You can overland for 10 hours in a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 4 people at 100kg (220lbs) and the water usage of them and nothing els of You follow the payload.

Remember that is stock Rubicon, no extra light, roof rack, bumpers, neopren clothing, CD, nothing etc:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk