Mr Rooster-> 4th Gen 4Runner build

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Last time I checked online, the ARB was something like $1500, which seems crazy to me. IIRC the Demello starts at right around $1000 depending on how you want it set up (stinger, hoops, etc.) I've been thinking about a front bumper as well and the Demello is looking better and better to me.

java

Expedition Leader
The demello looks nice, but does shipping to canada just kill the price?

There is a local guy in WA that makes a 4th gen bumper. Price is about the same, but if you take a long *** drive it might save some shipping. I know it gets crazy to ship to canada.

Ive been happy with mine. His company is perkins performace.

Lecoq

Explorer
Last time I checked online, the ARB was something like $1500, which seems crazy to me. IIRC the Demello starts at right around $1000 depending on how you want it set up (stinger, hoops, etc.) I've been thinking about a front bumper as well and the Demello is looking better and better to me.

Demello is about $1450 with the options I want. Shipping would probably be about $300. ARB is $1600 landed here. I could always go pick either one at the border if I had to, might save me a bit of cash.

I like the approach angle and the slim fit of the Demello. I prefer the grille guard and the hoops on the ARB as well as the fog lights/turn indicators.

The demello looks nice, but does shipping to canada just kill the price?

There is a local guy in WA that makes a 4th gen bumper. Price is about the same, but if you take a long *** drive it might save some shipping. I know it gets crazy to ship to canada.

Ive been happy with mine. His company is perkins performace.

I'll have a look see what I can find on Perkins. Thank you

Lecoq

Explorer
There are some pics in my build, if you cant find any others.

I like how they integrated the stock fog lamps and signal lights. Looks great.

Spent about 5 hours working on the Runner today. Managed to get the front coilovers, sway bar relocate kit, rear shocks and the tires done. Tomorrow I'm getting the alignment done and then I'll be installing the wheel spacers at some point. I also have to remove the rest of the XREAS system when I get a chance.

The ride height is at 37.25 inch front and rear (ground to fender) in the front. It's leveled with the rear air suspension on High setting. I have to figure out how to get the RAS to stay on High instead of coming back to Neutral once I start driving...

Lecoq

Explorer
Got the alignment done today and followed Bulldog's recommendation on adjusting the rear air suspension sensors. Still haven't had time to install the SpiderTrax spacers yet.

Some daytime pics.

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks. Yes, I plan on keeping the air suspension for a little while. I'll see how it does on the trail runs and go from there. Not too sure what to expect in terms of flex in the back with the airbags...

Lecoq

Explorer
Wheel spacers and Kenwood deck installed. Also got the headlights polished with the 3M headlight restoration kit. Worked amazing.

Lecoq

Explorer
Who's that creeping in my window ah!

Another pic courtesy of BurningChrome. Me parked beside the nicest 3rd Gen Rickashay.

During the install.

Just after 5 hours of work.

Still have to install the winch, compressor and LED lights I have. After that I'll be looking for sliders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy