Mr Rooster-> 4th Gen 4Runner build

Lecoq

Explorer
It looks like a baby between those two 80s :Wow1: Are they on 35s or 37s?

Nice work though- I see you're kepping busy with the 4 as you were with the R50 :)

Thanks, it's bitter sweet with the 4Runner. Lots of parts availability but it makes it hard to choose which ones to buy! :elkgrin:

The Land Cruisers are on 37's...pretty crazy!!

Thank you so much for grabbing some pics, I am excited to see that it looks far easier than I anticipated. Looks great, keep up the good work

It's fairly easy, they do bounce a bit over rough roads. I might make some proper metal brackets eventually.

I test fitted my buddy's Rola rack today. Really liking it. Looks like it's made for it.

java

Expedition Leader
Ive got the Rola too. One thing i will say is weld it and seal the seams well. It makes A LOT of rust in the rainy areas.

Also i built some brackets that get rid of the stock cross bars and drop the rack to about 1/8" of the roof. Really easy to make from a piece of angle iron.

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks guys. I've put a lot of money, time and effort into this build so far and I'm trying to use good quality parts so it's solid and dependable.

Java, I'll look through your build thread for the brackets for the Rola rack. Thanks for the advise, I'll be sealing it well.

Time to ditch the running boards.. Your first hit on those off road will dent the body along with the running boards.. Check out Shrock Works sliders..

I miss my 4runner...

DSCF0729-L.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
Ha! Yeah, I nudged them the first time I took it out. I'm ordering some Stubbs sliders. Can't be bothered to wait for Shrockworks.

Lecoq

Explorer
I have, but they all seem to be months away. Richard at Stubbs has given me about 3 to 4 days ETA for the build and one week to ship.

Lecoq

Explorer
The wife and I are looking over the camping options. She would like a tent trailer for the family trips. I like the RTT option but it would be a pain to remove and re-install when needed. If I go alone I can always sleep in the back of the truck.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Your build looks great. Nice to see some other 4th gens!

Regarding your rig's name "Mr. Rooster", every time I read it, I hear that Alice in Chains song: "Yeah, they've come to snuff the rooster!" :D

Lecoq

Explorer
Your build looks great. Nice to see some other 4th gens!

Regarding your rig's name "Mr. Rooster", every time I read it, I hear that Alice in Chains song: "Yeah, they've come to snuff the rooster!" :D

Thanks! Rooster just seemed appropriate. It's a running joke with my friends since I'm French Canadian (reference to Justin Timberlake in the movie Love Guru). Hence why my user name is LeCoq.

Lecoq

Explorer
Finally got around to installing my ARB compressor that has been sitting on the garage bench for the past 2 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy