Mr Rooster-> 4th Gen 4Runner build

Lecoq

Explorer
Made a new friend:

Went camping for the first time with the whole family.

It was pretty funny seeing the faces of the other guys when I inflated my air mattresses with my on board compressor. They had a puzzled look on their face as I opened the hood. :)

Lecoq

Explorer
Working on an invisible but extremely useful addition to the Runner. Will update with pictures soon. :)

Bretthn

Explorer
Working on an invisible but extremely useful addition to the Runner. Will update with pictures soon. :)
Are the pictures invisible too? Looking forward to seeing what you have in store. Love the camp lighting and will be using the idea once I get the RTT and awning installed.

Lecoq

Explorer
Here is the "invisible" upgrade. It's not done but getting close. See if you spot it.

Went camping and on a trail run this past weekend. It was a good time but some sections of the trails have been damaged quite a bit by the recent flooding.

Incurred some damage... :(

Bumper is fine apart from some scratches. Hit a dirt/rock wall coming down a hill.

Also lost a mudflap on the rear and dented my gas tank skid in 2 spots.

Today I took off my factory side steps in preparation for the arrival of my sliders this week.

Once I figure out how to edit my videos from the GoPro, I will be posting them here.

Lecoq

Explorer
Finally got my sliders today. After much thought and deliberation, I decided to go with the Demello Offroad Hybrid sliders with the optional legs and in bolt on form. The reason why I chose them over the Stubbs was because of the 1/4 inch steel plate that sits against the frame. It reinforces the frame, provides another jacking point and in the event of a side collision, it would protect the frame of the truck.

I will get the bottom of the plate welded to the frame to ensure strength and stability.

Hopefully they are dry tomorrow and I get to mount them to my truck. :)

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks!

How are you liking your tires? I'm thinking about getting the same size on my next set. Did you do the body mount chop? Any rubbing?

ebg18t

Adventurer
Thanks!

How are you liking your tires? I'm thinking about getting the same size on my next set. Did you do the body mount chop? Any rubbing?

No body chop. No rubbing. I do run AllPro spacers though. I have been very happy with the size and performance. I ran the Nitto Trail Grappler on my last truck. The BFG (in this size) is a lighter, quieter and performs quite well. The Nitto might have been a tad better in deep mud, but that is not something I deal with everyday. Overall a nice balance of all condition performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy