Mr Rooster-> 4th Gen 4Runner build

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks guys.

I was really glad to meet you as well. I'm happy I got to see your truck in person. I hope I get to wheel with you at some point this summer.

I was talking to Richard at Stubbs Welding today, awesome guy, I'll be ordering my sliders from him as soon as I get back from holidays. Still have so much to do until then. Anyone have experience with the HD-SKO sliders?

Lecoq

Explorer
I have some lights on the way for the top of the bumper. Sliders are next followed by a dual battery system. This thing is moving along quite well I must say! :ylsmoke:

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks guys.

I was really glad to meet you as well. I'm happy I got to see your truck in person. I hope I get to wheel with you at some point this summer.

I was talking to Richard at Stubbs Welding today, awesome guy, I'll be ordering my sliders from him as soon as I get back from holidays. Still have so much to do until then. Anyone have experience with the HD-SKO sliders?

I have the Stubbs HD-SKO and I have only good things to say about them. Richard is a pretty cool dude as well.

Lecoq

Explorer
Got one set of Rigids installed today. Wasn't easy but I'm happy with the end result.

I'll have to take pics at night when I get a chance...maybe I'll wait for the IPFs to be installed first.

Lecoq

Explorer
Installed my IPF lights today. I'll try to get some night time pics when it stops raining. They're a little smaller than I wanted them to be but they'll work for a bit until I get something else.

McFly2003

Adventurer
Awesome build so far and great looking rig! Is there anyway you could give more info on the dually install into the ARB, maybe a writeup?? I have been toying with the idea of doing this exact setup to the ARB on my 5th gen since I picked it up and have not really had any luck. Any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks!

Lecoq

Explorer
I'll try to get some better pics of the way I set up the brackets in the ARB plastic caps.

I cut the OEM wires to the fog lights and spliced in the Rigid harness, pretty simple 2 wire connections. For the mounting, I used the Rigid brackets and connected them with the bolts thru the optional ARB fog light bracket. The plastic tabs inside behind the plastic covers where the IPF kit would go if you bought one. It works good and the only modification I had to make was cut about 1/4 inch off the Rigid mounting bolts.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to take a picture of what it looks like from behind.

McFly2003

Adventurer
Awesome, thank you. I'm sure I will think of questions after seeing pictures. Is it something I could take on while the brackets are installed in the bumper and on the truck?

Lecoq

Explorer
Sorry about the late reply. It's definitely something you can do with the bumper in place. I tried to take some pics from behind the bumper to show where I mounted the brackets.

Went riding some trails last night with some friends. It was a good opportunity to test all my lights. Took just a few pictures.

Lights off:

HID headlights on:

HID headlights plus Rigid LED spot:

And all of the above with IPF combo:

Buddy's truck with more LED lights than I can count lol.

Chilling (4 degrees Celcius) at the camp fire.

Poser shot :)

stioc

Expedition Leader
It looks like a baby between those two 80s :Wow1: Are they on 35s or 37s?

Nice work though- I see you're kepping busy with the 4 as you were with the R50 :)

McFly2003

Adventurer
Thank you so much for grabbing some pics, I am excited to see that it looks far easier than I anticipated. Looks great, keep up the good work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy