Mr Rooster-> 4th Gen 4Runner build

Lecoq

Explorer
Ah, looks like you put some kind of "invisible bra" on that area underneath the door handles. Good call, mine is badly scratched there. :(

You got it! Got the whole truck (minus the rear hatch) covered in Xpel paint protection film. Top to bottom, front to back. I had it power polished before getting the film applied to make sure it would stay nice. :)

jmanderson

I love you thread bro...I currently own a 2008 Sport Edition and just picked up a 2001 from Florida and I'm looking to do several upgrades to both. Replacing the spacer lift on my '08 for a 3" suspension lift and first mod on the '01 will be the OME 3" lift. I'll have to hit you guys up for things to do next. I currently have Duratracs on my '08 and I recommend them to anyone looking for new tires.

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks! I'll be on the look for your build threads. Most of my friends are now switching to Toyota. Mostly all 3rd gen, 4th gen 4runners and 2nd gen Tacomas.

I finally got around to installing the sliders after work today.

Really happy with the results. Although I wish they would sit up closer to the doors, I understand, however, that the space is required to open the rear doors since the moldings got down a bit lower than the front doors.

And one more thing crossed off the ever growing modification list...

What to do next.:coffee:

2scars

Adventurer
Nice ride bud

I am torn between a 4th Gen 'Runner and 2nd Gen Tacoma 4 door as my nexty ruck when the family expands past my Wife and I. Your build makes it an even harder decision. Wife wants a DCSB TRD Tacoma, I am leaning that direction due to the needs for a dirty bed area for our little hobby farm.

Brandon

Janseman

Observer
Truck looks even better with the sliders!!! Since I can't spend any money on my truck I have to day dream about yours. maybe someday mine will look as good as yours

Last edited:

chmura

Adventurer
How do you like the ARB bumper?

I am strongly thinking about getting one for my 4th gen 4runner.

Lecoq

Explorer
I want. Excellent work as always Lecoq. Don't tell the other Pathfinder guys and gals, but I would consider switching teams if I had a rig like that. :peepwall:

Thanks. Come over...the grass is greener on the Toyota side:smiley_drive:

The parts are a lot more expensive tho.

How do you like the ARB bumper?

I am strongly thinking about getting one for my 4th gen 4runner.

I love the bumper. I can't think of another bumper on the market I would rather have at this point.

Lecoq

Explorer
Well, I got pressured into getting something new for my truck. My friend got a new set of wheels last week and he made me jealous with his newly acquired 33's. So, I had to do something about it.

The two trucks together.

Wife doesn't seem to understand that friends can't have bigger tires than me. :drool:

So now that I'm sitting on 33's. I'll have to raise the suspension a bit more. I'm thinking at least 2 inches all around. Also ordered some skid plates today.

Last one of the wheels and tires.

Specs are as follow:

SCS Stealth 6 wheels (17x8.5) Matte Silver Limited Edition
GoodYear Duratracs 285-70-17 Load range D
Tejima Forged Aluminum lug nuts in black

So far I removed the front mudflaps and trimmed the inner fender plastics. It's really close to touching the body mount so I might have to chop it and get it welded sooner than later.

stioc

Expedition Leader
The truck looks awesome!! Must be nice to pick up any catalog and find 10 options for every mod :shakin:

Funny about the tires though after much deliberation I just traded in my new 32" Duratracs (with 1k miles on them) for 32" BFG ATs. I'm down in the looks dept now but everything else feels like an upgrade with the BFG ATs thus far. Then again different trucks behave differently to tires. What's your impression of the switch- same switch just in reverse ?

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks Russel.

I had Duratracs on my Jeep WJ a few years back and really liked them. Ran them through winter and they were great. Better on ice than the BFG AT/KO. I decided to go with BFGs on my Pathfinder because I wanted to get a quieter tire than the Duratracs were. When I first got my 4 Runner, I naturally went to the BFGs again and I loved them.

This time around, I was in a bit of a conflict, as the BFG AT/KO only comes in load range E (the D version is not Severe Snow Rated). I decided to go back to Duratracs because I could get them in load range D, thus saving me a bit over 5 lbs per tire. The thread depth is also at 19/32 on the Duratracs VS 16/32 on the BFG.

I debated going to a GoodYear MTR or a Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC but I wasn't able to justify running two sets of tires and wheels, not to mention the noise of the mud tires on a daily driven truck.

Truck feels a lot more stable but I think it's mostly due to the wider offset and larger tires. Glad I have a V8 pushing all this stuff around. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy