My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

mortonm

Expedition Leader
You mean the spring spacers or axles? On this truck both first times but not my first time. Why do you ask?

Thanks, one of the best investments in my man-cave.

Just looks fairly involved I was just curious how easy the job is s

stioc

Expedition Leader
Ah. The cv/axle job itself is pretty straight forward except for pulling it out. There's not enough clearance so you either have to drop the control arm or the ball joint. Since I wanted to put the spacers on I chose to pull the struts out.

Now the spacers required disassembling the strut which is dangerous and involved with these lift springs because they're super stiff for a typical consumer type of spring compressor. Then on top of that the spacers I got weren't threaded so I had to weld the bolts to to the strut hat. I'll take pics of the next one to show what I mean. So yes this was a fairly involved job but not technically difficult.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Good to know. We had a tough time with the spring compressors on my brothers XJ OME lift. Having 4 vs 2 would have helped also

Allof75

Pathfinder
Looks like someone's getting a jacked up truck :sombrero: Don't tell me you're going to start wearing flat-brimmed baseball caps, and pounding down Monster Energy Drinks. :coffeedrink:

Just kidding man, I'm sure it looks great as per usual.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yeah...you know how we roll. Me and my crew we represent gettin' mad street creds yo :elkgrin: - haha hey I was once young too.

But funny you mention it, I only gained .6" in the front. Reason being I was already running 3/8" spacers before so not much of a lift there. The rear of course I got a full 1" lift. It has a slight rake now which should level out when loaded up with our gear.

Allof75

Pathfinder
Yeah...you know how we roll. Me and my crew we represent gettin' mad street creds yo :elkgrin: - haha hey I was once young too.

But funny you mention it, I only gained .6" in the front. Reason being I was already running 3/8" spacers before so not much of a lift there. The rear of course I got a full 1" lift. It has a slight rake now which should level out when loaded up with our gear.

Interesting, seems like spacer length to lift ratio is kinda finicky. Thinking about it, have you considered removing your fender flares? I think it'd fit the theme of your rig, and add some functionality at full flex.

stioc

Expedition Leader
The spacers gave me the exact lift I expected. I got 0.6" lift in the front compared to before because I was already running a pair of 3/8" spacers before so removing those and adding the 1" spacers gave me 0.6". However, since I didn't run any spacers in the back before I got the full 1" lift from the added spacer.

Removing the flares is a good option but I like the understated looks with the flares :) In fact, I might buy another set since mine are getting a bit chewed up :)

Allof75

Pathfinder
The spacers gave me the exact lift I expected. I got 0.6" lift in the front compared to before because I was already running a pair of 3/8" spacers before so removing those and adding the 1" spacers gave me 0.6". However, since I didn't run any spacers in the back before I got the full 1" lift from the added spacer.

Removing the flares is a good option but I like the understated looks with the flares :) In fact, I might buy another set since mine are getting a bit chewed up :)

Interesting, has that solved some of the flexing/rubbing issues you think?

And look who's keeping it classy hahaha. I wish there was a way to make them a little more elastic haha. Also I remembered you mentioning you had to trim the flares a bit to fit, was it only flare trimming or bumper adjusting too?

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yes I trimmed the flares and part of the front bumper too. The tires took care of fine-tuning them further.

mastersryan

Adventurer
I would keep the flares you might not like what you find under them as was the case when I took mine off. After years of mud/dirt/rain/salt the underside was somewhat rusty. What size tires are you running on your pathfinder stioc?

stioc

Expedition Leader
I'm running 235/85/16 (32") BFG ATs - pretty happy with them but do sometimes think of other sizes that I might want next (265/75/16, 285s and 255s) :)

mastersryan

Adventurer
Now I forget what size I was running on my pathfinder. How do you like the BFG's I was thinking about picking some up for my truck.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Great tire! zero regrets with the BFG ATs after a not so great personal experience with the DuraTracs. I'll be sticking with the BFGs next time around too unless there's a compelling reason to switch to something else (perhaps KM2s).

Why did you sell the Pathy? Nice truck though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad