My 2001 Pathfinder (R50 ) mild/budget build

If you are willing to spend the money Curry Johnny Joints make link ends that will fit replace the stock Nissan bushings. It isn't cheap and you would have to weld the links up but they will last indefinitely.

stioc

Expedition Leader
How dido you mount your front PIAA lights, I spent way to long looking for the original [age but never found it.
You mean the lights on the front bumper (they're IPF 968s with DDM tuning HID kit)? If so, it's pretty simple- I just drilled through the bumper cover in front of the radiator grill. Under the plastic bumper cover there's a metal (C-channel) bumper. Once the holes are drilled you just mount the brackets that came with the lights and put a nut at the bottom through the opening in the c -channel of the bumper which you can reach from from behind the radiator grill with the hood open. Hope that helps.

If you are willing to spend the money Curry Johnny Joints make link ends that will fit replace the stock Nissan bushings. It isn't cheap and you would have to weld the links up but they will last indefinitely.

Thanks man but the poly bushings are working well for me and I think I'm done with upgrades for the foreseeable future. Honestly since my last post here I've probably only driven the truck about 70 miles :( I need to get some camping trips planned :)

tristan1035

You mean the lights on the front bumper (they're IPF 968s with DDM tuning HID kit)? If so, it's pretty simple- I just drilled through the bumper cover in front of the radiator grill. Under the plastic bumper cover there's a metal (C-channel) bumper. Once the holes are drilled you just mount the brackets that came with the lights and put a nut at the bottom through the opening in the c -channel of the bumper which you can reach from from behind the radiator grill with the hood open. Hope that helps.
It really does, that was perfect thank you.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the bump...sorry I've been MIA. Not much to report on the Pathy- the good news is that I still have it but the bad news is I rarely drive it these days. Work's been very demanding and our dog Buddy passed away unexpectedly end of last year so I haven't (nor the family) been motivated to get out camping/offroading since. I think the only thing I've done to the Pathy since the last updates here was added a backup camera and had the front windows tinted back in Jan and nothing new is planned other than to make an effort to get out for a weekend of offroading.

mickmutante

... but the bad news is I rarely drive it these days. Work's been very demanding and our dog Buddy passed away unexpectedly end of last year so I haven't (nor the family) been motivated to get out camping/offroading since...

Sorry about your dog Buddy, I t hard when you loose a member (dog or cat) of the family...
BTW I read almost all your thread in 3 days... Lots of information... And great work with the truck.!!

bergi85

I just picked up an 01 Infiniti QX4, your build is an inspiration! Thank you!
Sorry about your dog.
IMG_1123_zpswmqbhlqv.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
I appreciate the kind words. Congrats on your Pathy purchase, they're fantastic little trucks. Mine has definitely provided me memories worth a lifetime.

nismo-chris

I just picked up an 01 Infiniti QX4, your build is an inspiration! Thank you!
Sorry about your dog.
IMG_1123_zpswmqbhlqv.jpg

Yep, I couldn't be happier with my R50. I see Jeeps on 35's and Tacos with more Expo jewelry than a camel trophy truck, and I just smile. There are many fun 4x4's out there, but this modest r50 doesn't beg for attention and it's never left me stuck anywhere. Super stoked on my choice to drive one.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Finally a small update after a long time...

While the Sterlite clear bins under the storage platform worked OK it was impossible to get at the stuff in the back without removing a whole bunch of stuff from the front. Not a huge deal but it's about improving things. So I built a couple of simple and light-weight drawers (no slides). The left drawer is for all the permanent camping related stuff that stays in the truck and the right drawer for the truck related stuff - tools, spares etc. All the recovery items (shackles, straps, shovel etc) are up on the roof-rack in the black metal box. The tools drawer fully loaded weighs 50lbs and the camping gear drawer weighs 25lbs.

I'm quite happy with them because you can pull them out easily and have access to everything quickly. I wish I had done this sooner.

IMG_20170114_135350_zpshkfoe0iq.jpg

IMG_20170114_135557_zpsvelhaqso.jpg

Last edited:

stioc

Expedition Leader
Also starting on the front bumper build. Similar to the rear bumper (as well as through-out the truck) I'm going for something functional, lightweight and unique to my truck. Having gained some experience building the rear bumper I'm hoping this one will be just a bit easier.

IMG_20161224_195706_zpsp2kheemh.jpg

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Stioc! Missed ya buddy!

Those are awesome updates. That drawer setup is pretty sweet. It looks really clean and effective. Having that kind of storage is a godsend. It's great that it's so light too.

Also, I can't wait to see how your front bumper build turns out. I've always wanted to see more R50 Pathys with bumpers.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Hey thanks wreckdiver, yeah been a while. I started catching up on your thread but i realized I need a couple of months lol but enjoying the excellent pics from your overland-honeymoon! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3