My Conqueror and Rig!

02TahoeMD

Explorer
:bowdown: Very nice setup there. I also heartily endorse the zebra stripe on the entire setup. Not that it needs to be any more awesome than it already is....

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
nashvillerover said:
I am leaning towards the Honda, however ... some have said that the Yamaha can be order for dual fuel (gas and propane). That would be sweet.

Both of these either the 2000 watt or 3000 watt run around 50-60db when fired up.

The Conqueror has a battery management system and charges from the vehicle as you drive down the road, so this would simply be for recharging or for very remote purposes.

Dendy

Nice set up! There are going to be some good times comming with that sweet rig and trailer combo.

I have a Honda 2000 generator that I only use when out on long stays in remote areas. Works great.

Honu

lost on the mainland
flywgn said:
Very nice, Dendy.

In the for-what-it's-worth category, I added a 50-watt solar panel and charge controller to the battery bank on our Conqueror and that was more than adequate to keep the batteries charged. All of our lights were flourescent 12-volt and LEDs. This obviated the need for a genset.

What's your first destination?

Allen R

I also have a conquest :)
curious what you have done to it if anything ?
I have taken out the wine side and putting in a vanity/meidcine type setup to hold personal items instead

thinking of going with the 60 combi also :) did you change out the hella plugs where the fridge hooks in to standard US type ?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Honu:
I mentioned that I have already lined the interior with the foam-backed water-proof fuzzy material in grey. (it is akin to what you would find lining the trunk of a car, only much more cushy!)

I did remove the bar side as we only drink beer or white wine (if we drink at all), I am cutting a small section of the holder to place on the other side. I installed a magnetic knife strip to hold a much upgraded set of cooking knives.

I mounted a 60 Combi in the rear, but I haven't wired it up yet. My light over that is already mounted over the combi is not working, but I haven't trouble shot that yet. My plans are to mount a light over the kitchen side and the other side, as well as a light in the nose cone.
I am also planning on mounting a power strip on the support rail that runs the interior length of both sides. I think I am leaving the hella plugs because the extra lights sent do work when plugged into them.

I am also using a coleman stove as mentioned and I plan on having a regulator installed for the two tanks and a line run to the kitchen area with a quick disconnect installed.

I changed the two green jerry cans mounted on the nose to blue water cans from expedition exchange. I am mounting a small jerry can rack to the rear of the trailer over the rear tire (high enough for the door to open), that will hold 5 jerry cans on the rear of the trailer.

I am also changing the wheels and tires to match those on the truck.

Whew, ... I am tired just thinking about it!

Dendy

Honu

lost on the mainland
sounds like some nice mods :) would love more info on the rear can rack for sure :)
I am looking at something like that also

I might put LED lights in kitchen and bedroom side and up on the top rail of the tent

and a few other things such as slides and a sink cutting board slide within a slide for the stove to come out of etc...

flywgn

Explorer
Honu said:
I also have a conquest :)
curious what you have done to it if anything ?...?

We sold it and subsequently purchased an Horizon/Chaser. We had Conquerer #2 sold in the U.S. (#1 went to someone in Washington). Stephen Goetz was the original importer. Health problems caused him to give up the franchise.

We loved the trailer, but purchased a house in Baja about the same time, and it took all our energy and time.

We've subsequently (only last month) sold the Baja house and now can devote more time to traveling more gravel.

We purchased the Conq with many extras and didn't have to add much. I believe the solar panel was the only extra item. We kept some of the extra items after the sale (never really showed them to the buyer :D ) and use them with the AT.

Allen R

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Allen:
The second batch that was brought over left off some of the "standard" items (I.E. if you purchased the unit in South Africa, the Engel would be included as would things like a mounted sink and wash station as well as a generator, first aid kit, etc.) to cut costs as the weakening dollar almost made the trailers impossible to import. The dollar is so weak right now that if you were to try to bring one of these Conqueror trailers in to the States, it would cost you upwards of $20K to do so.

For the price we were able to get our unit for, ... I don't mind spending some extra money on these items. This way, I get to choose which route I want to take with the add-ons.

I do wish, however that I could get my hands on one of the canvas wardrobes, and canvas pocket door panels!

Thanks,
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Honu said:
sounds like some nice mods :) would love more info on the rear can rack for sure :)
I am looking at something like that also

I might put LED lights in kitchen and bedroom side and up on the top rail of the tent

and a few other things such as slides and a sink cutting board slide within a slide for the stove to come out of etc...

Love to see what you have in mind for the sink, stove slide dealio!

DJ

Honu

lost on the mainland
read yours was more asking flywgn :) hehehhh
but sounds like his is gone :(

some thoughts also I had

the side doors that fold down to the counter
http://www.jcwhitney.com/THULE-SMAR...ER/GP_2017712_N_111+10207+600018374_10107.jcw

I have been curious have to do some measuring
but hang one of these just inside from the top ? I think there is a brace there to mount some hooks
think of it as hanging in front of the 4 wolf packs but on the kitchen side
then when you get to camp drop the door and then hang it off the long black hand rail that is on the outside when the door is closed but under the shelf when its folded down
I had thought for quick kitchen stuff it might work nice

for the side taller doors I think this might fit ?
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/...essories/SMART-RV-Wall-Organizer/skunum=35866
I think they could mount up just like the kitchen organizer thats in there now with velcro

I am also going to get at walmart or some place a small canvas shoe bag holder and use some velcro to hold it on
think of standing in front of the ladder the foam core type material that the mattress sits on or we can call it the part the ladder is connected to and folds out
put some velcro on the top and have something like this but cheaper :)
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=24506&src=SRQB

that way you can climb up then just put your shoes there keeping them off the ground and close at hand

the side marker lights I might replace with these
http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/mss.htm
I steped on it once already when taking the tent down and popped off the side marker lens :) so the shield on these might be stronger
http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/mss.htm

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini_tubes.htm
going to look at some of these for under cabinet type lights for the kitchen :)

also they have a cigarette lighter flashlight ? might replace the nose box lighter with this :) I dont know could be handy maybe but I usually have good lights

flywgn

Explorer
nashvillerover said:
Allen:
The second batch that was brought over left off some of the "standard" items (I.E. if you purchased the unit in South Africa, the Engel would be included as would things like a mounted sink and wash station as well as a generator, first aid kit, etc.) ...Thanks, Dendy

Ours came with most of the items you mention (except the canvas wardrobe) and our fridge/freezer was a "Minus 40", not an Engel.

Honu said:
read yours was more asking flywgn

Not sure here, Honu, what you mean, but, yes, ours is not in our hands any longer, though I know its whereabouts.

Allen R

Honu

lost on the mainland
Allen :) I guess i was curious if you did anything (mods inside) like put in slides in the side doors or anything ? :) as I know some get trailers and then personalize them

flywgn

Explorer
Honu said:
...I guess i was curious if you did anything (mods inside) like put in slides in the side doors or anything ...

I did very little. I found some storage boxes with outside dimensions which fit those side door openings, added some rails athwartship fixed with teflon slides (such as used on boat trailers) and aluminum guides (90º angle sections) to keep them straight.

I mentioned the solar panel and charge controller.

Other than rigging a couple of flexible propane hoses for additional lighting that was about it.

Allen R

Inverness

Trailer connector

I bought a Conqueror Conquest too and look forward to seeing others and completing my own modifications. I have a question about the non U.S. trailer connector. Did you guys get an adapter or did you re-wire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven