My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
For right now, ... until they run out of this inventory, ... there is not a better deal to be had, ... used or new!
I researched this thing to the hilt.

The only trailer close is the King, and they are 20K plus.

DJ

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Inverness:
Did you ever get your water system completed?

I still want info on the system.

Dendy

Inverness

Sorry for the delay. I've been crazy busy with work.

The main elements of the water system are completed. Plumbing, drain cock, shut off valve, screened filter and pump. Water filter, sink with faucet to follow. I've designed a pull out cabinet and sink for the front passenger side area.

I received the new handles but have not had time to do the install.

I hope to post some photos this weekend.

Honu

lost on the mainland
look forward to the pics

hope to get some time to start building my kitchen up

I did have a water tank rupture at the seam on mine :( hope others wont have that happen

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Just for those wanting to know the difference, the trailer I have here is the Conquest. They are no longer available.

The Compact is identical but 18 inches shorter. (Basically, the same to large door openings on both sides, but not the smaller cargo doors).

Here is a picture of a friends Conqueror Base Camp on the back of his G4:
25May08.jpg

Last edited:

NothingClever

Explorer
Honu said:
I did have a water tank rupture at the seam on mine :( hope others wont have that happen

Honu,

What caused the rupture?

Ambient temps?

Thin spot in the rotomould?

Are the tanks common dimensions which would allow easy replacement?

Thanks!

Honu

lost on the mainland
not sure what or how I have to drop the tank and find out ! :)

might be 3 weeks before I get time to drop it

NothingClever

Explorer
Inverness said:
Sorry for the delay. I've been crazy busy with work.

The main elements of the water system are completed. Plumbing, drain cock, shut off valve, screened filter and pump. Water filter, sink with faucet to follow. I've designed a pull out cabinet and sink for the front passenger side area.

I received the new handles but have not had time to do the install.

I hope to post some photos this weekend.

Inverness,

It's 1200 CST on Friday so the weekend has officially started. Unless you post your plumbing photos and kitchen designs within the next 30 minutes, consider yourself counselled for being negligent in your duties here at ExPo :D.

Inverness

That’s funny. Please don’t take my expedition card!

Well, we're back from a 1,500 mile road trip through Nevada with the Conquest. I’m happy to report that I'm completely satisfied with the trailer and it exceeded my expectations.

I completed a whole lot of modification before the trip and all worked well sans the water system. I was flummoxed by air in the water line, caused by a couple of issues like: poor tank venting, a tank interconnected line that I ran over the pole storage area which dams one tank from the other. Two times I filled the tanks by topping both filler necks only to find later the tanks were not filled (don't ask, I'll never be able to explain to anyone’s satisfaction). The other mods like the handle change out, kitchen sink pull out, shelves, lighting, hot water heater and a spring added to the surge brake system all work fine.

I plan on working on the trailer and taking photos next weekend, I’ll try to post some more then.

Honu

lost on the mainland
very curious to see pics of everything you have done :)

spring for the surge ?????
shelves ?
and of course the kitchen and water etc.. as I hope to start on mine soon

lots and lots of pics please ;)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Inverness:

I have requested a Expedition Card Revocation form!! Some of us are dying to know how you placed a water system to the Conqueror! I am taking a trip next month for a long stay and want to do the same!!
Would love to walk through your steps through the proverbial mine field!

Thanks
Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner