My Conqueror and Rig!

Honu

lost on the mainland
Ditto what Dendy said :)

the tank thing ? I bet I am the only one :) heehhehe I am not to worried about it bummer yes ?

and as said the other things are mods that I want to do water pumps and slide out kitchens are all personal

I do say nothing to me is perfect the way it comes I always have to mod it a bit ?
the trailers are a steal at these prices so I figure put a bit more into it I am still way ahead

my rig has things done to it also like most of us here have done things to our rigs

my trailer is the same way I want to make it very unique for me and my style camping

example when the stock foam for the dishes ? I like shelves ?
the booz side thing I took out and made into a medicine cabinet kinda thing for personal stuff for the family

the boxes or wolf packs as they are called each has a name on them for our clothes while some use them for food ? I chose clothes

I am going to put a bumper to walk all the way around on and stuff ?

there is a reason on the South Africa forums that many say the Conqueror are some of the best trailers you can get !

pulled mine about 3000 miles or more so far and its amazing heck even the wife loves it !!! and our 4 year old to :)

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I got it home

wow what a great trailer, slept in it two night and pulled it home ~900 miles... no problems. The trailer is nice and tight. This is a quality product. PS I (with a lot of help from my brother) also figured out how to use the stock lights with a standard 4 plug.... I did lose the ability to use the yellow turn signals, bigger red is now the running, brake and turn! Thanks again Dendy for answering the phone/questions. I have few more still.... : P

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Jay:
Glad you arrived home safely.
If you got that far with the lights, you should have no problem getting a trailer shop sussing out the little bridge you have left to cross.

Sleeps well ... doesn't it!

Call any time.

Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Amber lights are illegal now if they face rearward anyhow; replace them with red ones from a truckstop if you want to use them later.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Bill, I think only a handful of the trailers had the amber lights. I think most of these had two reds ... the same size on the rear. If I remember correctly, yours had a large red, and a small amber ... right?

Thanks
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
New Modifications

Well, this week I wanted to take care of an issue before the next outing.
Last summer, we had issues with insects entering the tent when the kitchen side or rear fridge access was open. Also, when we went winter camping, we had cold air pour in when we did the same.
So, I set out to construct a partition. In the Conquest model and the Compact model, the rear fridge access also opens up into the entire trailer. What I didn't want to do is construct something permanent, but I wanted it to be substantial enough to handle offroad use.

The material that I used to line the trailer has a huge benefit to it ... It loves velcro. Velcro grabs it like glue! I used industrial strength velcro to fasten the wall. I also didn't want to loose access to the lower part of the trailers floor space, so I devised a lift door.

Here are some pictures of the modifications.

The Fridge area empty, but lined!
IMG_7666.jpg

The ceiling with the light:
IMG_7667.jpg

Sides are trimmed:
IMG_7668.jpg

The Lift Flap to access the interior:
IMG_7669.jpg

The entire area less fridge:
IMG_7670.jpg

The entire area with fridge:
IMG_7671.jpg

Last edited:

fubar

Adventurer
Xlnt work! I love the finished look and it also looks like that material will keep stuff from sliding and banging as much. Looking forward to sourcing info.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

Hi Guys

I'm from Botswana in Southern Africa and I'm owning a Conqueror Conquest. We're doing a lot of overlanding trips in to Africa and its my home away from home. I've attached some pictures for you :smiley_drive:

Attachments

• P1010044.JPG
    P1010044.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 391
  • P1010036.JPG
    P1010036.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 356
  • P1010041.JPG
    P1010041.JPG
    262.8 KB · Views: 346
  • OZ Tent2.JPG
    OZ Tent2.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 351

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
JellyBelly:
Now that is what I am talkin' about.

Love that annex off the side of the tent.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Dendy

Honu

lost on the mainland
JellyBelly very very cool
was curious about the OZ tent picture you have off the one end ?
what size is that and how does it fit up to it ?
or was that a new custom tent side from conqueror ?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Honu:

Looks like that is an OZ tent that is placed right next to the opening for the side flap on the Conquest tent. A pretty cool idea.

Thinking one with a drop down room would be a cool edition to the kitchen side of the trailer ... especially since it folds up into that little bag and takes 30 seconds to set up.

See the options here ... make sure to check out the accessory section:

http://www.oztent.us/OZTENT-RV-1/

Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven