My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Added a shelf today over the fridge storage area.
I noticed that the newer Conqueror Conquest have one and the fridge did not open all the way without pulling it out, so I didn't see not utilizing that space for more storage.

Here the area is without the fridge:

IMG_7981.jpg

Here is the area close up:

IMG_7983.jpg

Here is an expanded view with the fridge:

IMG_7985.jpg

And a shot from a little further out:

IMG_7984.jpg

I think it turned out quite nice ...

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dendy

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Nice!

That looks great! Nice work. I am planning to label my boxes like you did. I saw your post about closing off the side under the tent in the heater thread.

I finished putting mine back together today after getting it weighed for the state... I think I plan to take out the Wolf boxes and leave them in the changing room once set up...

Question, did you find extra Wolf boxes? Do you what style water can I need to replace the fuel cans? Just NATO?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Slee Offroad has the extra wolfe boxes.

I got my water cans (2 blue metal) from Expedition Exchange. Unfortunately, I don't think they have them anymore.

Thanks for the compliment!

Dendy

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Looks so nice Dendy. Nice work indeed. I love the bumper sticker "honk if parts fall off"... never noticed that before LOL

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Like usual, you made yours look prettier than mine...
I think I'll order another pair of Wolfs too; I checked and I made the shelf just the right size. The tent heater lives next to the fridge during winter wheeling and I'll find a box to fit there for summer. My fridge is taller than yours I think.
I moved the shelf and added bulkheads the weekend before Chris and the TN Rovers came down to play:

100_2495.jpg

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Bill, yours just needs a little material on it. If you are going to go with the wolfes, you may want to make sure your shelf is level all the way across so it will fit under the area where the door is hanging down when raised.

Same principle though!

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I'll get back to you on the material and its availability.
Just need to make sure it is ok to give out the guy's number.

Just used 3M spray adhesive (same as you would for any auto upholstery application) to make it stay.

Thanks
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
No, it is not automotive carpeting.
It is a foam backed (heat fused) material used for bed liners in pickups, and luggage bays in tour buses here in Nashville. It is water proof, water resistant, mold and mildew resistant and dries almost immediately.

I'll get you the info in it shortly.
Thanks
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Few Additions to the Conqueror

Well, it was hot as heck here in Nashville today (for April), but I got a few things done on the trailer:

Some Conquerors came with retention straps for the Wolfe Storage Boxes. Mine didn't. Yesterday, I was at harbor freight and found some pretty nice straps that were fairly inexpensive. They have stainless hardware. I riveted on some velcro to secure the excess strap and mounted them with stainless eye bolts.

I think they turned out quite nice.

IMG_7992.jpg

From the side:

IMG_7993.jpg

A Close Up:

IMG_7994.jpg

Also, you can see here, I have used industrial velcro to affix a piece of the liner I have been using to make a soft work space for the door that opens into the living part of the Roof Top Tent's drop down room.

IMG_7996.jpg

I have also removed the "bar" area and lined that box as well. The long term plan is to put a satellite media center in this area with an all-weather flat panel, I-pod hook up, and radio base station.

IMG_7997.jpg

And finally— I didn't like the large side graphics that said Conqueror (I had already removed the swooping Conquest side graphics.)
I wanted something a little more understated.

Here is the before:

IMG_7995.jpg

And here is the after:

IMG_7998.jpg

And a close up:

IMG_7999.jpg

Not bad for a couple hours work!
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Looks nice, DJ; now get out and get it dirty. :sombrero:

Can you get the last week of May off? We'll be camping on Mt Pisgah and at Devil's Fork in SC. You'd like Devil's Fork.
Chris has all the details or I could send to you too if you'd like to come along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven