My Conqueror and Rig!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey all, sorry to break in here but do you know where this compact is listed? I've been searching for quite a while and would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks,
Jim

I believe that there was a large buy of these that went to someone in Arizona. Perhaps that is where the one is for sale?

D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, so I purchased 4 of the hella mini plugs I am using them for the 4 hella matador lights I mounted on the four corners. The question: There are two mini plugs mounted on the rear corner of the nose cone. I want to tap into those feeds to go to the lights (two on one side and two on the opposite side).
Better to purchase some type of "t" tap or to peel the heat shrink back and soldier to the contacts on the existing plug?
With this feeding just two additional lights ... I don't see a reason to install a fuse block ... you guys think?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dendy

ps: These are the plugs I got:

HellaPair1JPGgif.jpg

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
test them...

I seem to recall Dean telling me one of the two plugs in the front was hot all the time or somehow different....

How is everything else?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
They came from www.wowsurplus.com

Understand, ... these are mini plugs ... not regular 12v size (i.e.: cig lighter size) plugs. These are standard on South African gear as well as standard on BMW motorcycles.

D

WMac

Adventurer
OK, so I purchased 4 of the hella mini plugs I am using them for the 4 hella matador lights I mounted on the four corners. The question: There are two mini plugs mounted on the rear corner of the nose cone. I want to tap into those feeds to go to the lights (two on one side and two on the opposite side).
Better to purchase some type of "t" tap or to peel the heat shrink back and soldier to the contacts on the existing plug?
With this feeding just two additional lights ... I don't see a reason to install a fuse block ... you guys think?

Thanks for the assistance.

Dendy

Hey Dendy.

No there is no need for an additional fuse link as the wiring all comes from the electrical panel and has built in breakers.

T taps are ok. If you do use these I would tap it, Then remove that tap, through that one away. add some electrical anti corrosion goop, snot, whatever they call it. It will keep the tap from corroding the wire. (most taps are just cheep metal) and the two different metals will cause an electrolysis and over a period of time in the elements it will corrode.

Personally if it were mine (As I own a Conquest as well ):wings: I would strip it, add a piece of heat shrink, Solder it, and shrink it up.

Check the wattage of the new lights, and the gauge of the wire your tapping into. If the lights are of high wattage, and you have both of them on. The wire may get warm or worse, HOT... and may not trigger the breaker.

If so you will need to replace the wire with a larger one.

Wade.

P.s. Email me where you got the lights. I want some as well

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, I think I got my lights from several sources including some used from right here on EXPO.
Some came from Rovers North, but since you are a jeep guy ... :coffeedrink:

It is a Hella Matador Work Light.

Here is a first link as from a Google search:

http://www.yellowandbluelighting.co.../43/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/793/Default.aspx

I think I have paid as little as $25 for a used (never mounted) unit and as much as retail.

I mounted one on the two corners, front and the two corners rear.

Dendy

ps: Thanks for the feed back on the wiring!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'm going to t-tap mine and replace with LED's to drop draw. I was thinking of motion sensors too with timers.....

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I am not a huge fan of LED's. I guess my old age or something, but I like a nice incandescent light.
Yeah, I know the draw is less and the bug attraction is less, but I am sticking with good ole fashion technology.

D

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I am not a huge fan of LED's. I guess my old age or something, but I like a nice incandescent light.
Yeah, I know the draw is less and the bug attraction is less, but I am sticking with good ole fashion technology.

D
Is that why you put a steam engine in the D110? :)

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
struts?

Off topic, but for those who replaced your struts, where did you get them? The part number on the one I broke - 4195-230902 does not show up anywhere.

PS check and tighten the bracket bolts on the rear door...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Off topic, but for those who replaced your struts, where did you get them? The part number on the one I broke - 4195-230902 does not show up anywhere.

PS check and tighten the bracket bolts on the rear door...
I think you could just match the length at an autoparts store.
One of mine was installed backwards, btw, and was binding something awful.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
no luck...

The length, both extended and compressed is not matching anything. I have tried a NAPA, Carquest and the biggest RV service center around here. Even the Gabriel website does not show the number. I was hoping that someone had found a better number to try.

fubar

Adventurer
McMaster is the only place I could find anything close. A bit too short, but look workable. What force tho?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven