My Conqueror and Rig!

XJBANKER

Explorer
Added a shelf today over the fridge storage area.
I noticed that the newer Conqueror Conquest have one and the fridge did not open all the way without pulling it out, so I didn't see not utilizing that space for more storage.

Here the area is without the fridge:

IMG_7981.jpg

Here is the area close up:

IMG_7983.jpg

Here is an expanded view with the fridge:

IMG_7985.jpg

And a shot from a little further out:

IMG_7984.jpg

I think it turned out quite nice ...

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dendy

What did you make your shelves out of and how did you attatch them?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The shelf is a 3/4 inch piece of marine grade plywood with a one inch strip on top in the front and down the middle(to keep the wolf boxes from shifting). It is covered with the fabric (non foam backed) only.

I hung them with two pieces of "L" stock aluminum with self tapping screws.

The shelf when tilted on a 45 angle comes right out.

I did not need it to be adjustable because there was only one position that would float above the Engel and still allow the wolf boxes to fit in and out.

Thanks for asking.

Dendy

Last edited:

ThomD

Explorer
Looks very nice.

Sometimes when I look at your setup I think, "Man I missed the boat." Of course, now I do have vehicle that can tow it, but I didn't at the time. Oh well.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Thom:
Yeah, now that they are gone ... folks are calling and e-mailing all the time wanting to know where they can get one!

Too funny.

D

ThomD

Explorer
Hey, Thom:
Yeah, now that they are gone ... folks are calling and e-mailing all the time wanting to know where they can get one!

Too funny.

D

Yup. in my case it was "buy the vehicle or buy the trailer". Someday we may get a trailer (you are making them look good), but we'll get a lot of use out of the LX470 first.

WMac

Adventurer
I did :wings: Its A Conquest, in fact i drive up on friday to pick it up. :bike_rider:

Im so excited I cant sleep :jump:

Its been a long wait.

XJBANKER

Explorer
Here are a couple more shots.
I have lined the interior of the trailer body with a water proof material produced locally that is used in truck bed liner applications. (lots of us musicians use it to line studio walls as well as it has a .5 inch foam backing.)

From this side, you get the kitchen shots. I plan on building a 3 piece pantry in this opening that can be removed, but will store the stove, coffee maker, canned and boxed goods.

Where did you get the tarp that covers the triangle windows?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
That is the standard waterproof roof covering on the Conquest model and it includes the rain flaps over the small windows.

Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven