My Conqueror and Rig!

Honu

lost on the mainland
cool job looking really good

if ya can post more info on the handles what you used for the posts ?
I know we were looking at the same ones :)

curious where you got that surge brake spring ? looks like I could use a cut down motorcycle one or something ?

I take it you have someone in mind for the aluminum kitchen ?

I am going to put a shelf just above my fridge and I think put it on slides

the new conqueror site from SA has some new pics and notice they have new handles on the trailers now ? and a few other things like stronger looking rear stabalizers and such

Echo_29

Observer
Inverness said:
Here's a link to some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80_on_inverness/sets/72157607392400038/?photo_deleted=2894077256
I hope to update the water system next week.

2903534624_db17bd82fb.jpg

Above trailer in action near Morey, Nevada. Hot Creek Range and Morey Peak beyond.

Trip report next week...

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Where did my pics go in this thread? They are no longer there since the upgrade.

Thanks
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey, Where did my pics go in this thread? They are no longer there since the upgrade.

Thanks
Dendy
AT advanced spyware deleter that seeks out and destroys competing trailer photos?
:Wow1:
Here you are until you figure it out:

100_1612.jpg

100_1596.jpg

100_1587.jpg

I did have a water tank rupture at the seam on mine :( hope others wont have that happen
Mine had a leak at the filler neck seam from the get-go; Dean came to my house, picked it up, fixed that and the broken damper on the rear hatch.
Nice of him to provide pickup/dropoff service; but, then again, I'm local.... :)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks to a fellow Defender owner, who is from South Africa and her fantastic Mom who bull-dogged these parts from the manufacturer for me, and then schlepped them back!!

I have added some goodies to the Conqueror!

Here is a canvas wardrobe- Arrived in parts. I riveted together (thank goodness for a pneumatic riveter! I added the floor and floor covering:

Here is the wardrobe before installation in the trailer:

IMG_7595.jpg

Here is the wardrobe installed:

IMG_7596.jpg

Additionally I added a factory canvas door pocket organizer:

IMG_7597.jpg

Also, on the other side of the trailer, I took one of the canvas wardrobes, added adjustable shelf straps to the vertical rails and made shelfs which I lined with a non slip material. I am adding this to the other side to function as a dry goods pantry:

IMG_7598.jpg

And here it is installed. Sorry but the dark caught me:

IMG_7599.jpg

And here it is closed up:

IMG_7600.jpg

When not in use, the slide perfectly in the area behind the wolfe storage boxes so that the area inside the doors can be used to store larger items that would be removed for use while camping. Then the wardrobe and pantry slide right into place.

I am stoked to put them to use!!

Thanks for looking
Dendy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Are you going to camp with us next weekend, Dendy? No electricity...
You can do it. :costumed-smiley-007

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Bill:
It is not looking likely at the moment (subject to change on a whim!).

I have some other plans that take priority right now. I do look forward to doing some runs with you in the Spring.

By the way, thanks for the advice on posting pics. I was able to restore all the images in this entire thread showing the exterior and interior shots of the Conqueror.

Thanks again!

Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Someone posted this in the area where items are for sale, but several have asked about setting the tent up on these trailers as well as how rugged are they.

This video is way cool and shows a fast time set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcSbOOU7wss&feature=related

Keep in mind, mine is the Conquest, (which they show being deployed), however there is much coverage on the Compact.

Dendy

Honu

lost on the mainland
very cool you got that stuff from SA :)

I wanted the door pocket things and a few other new items I saw :(

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks Honu:
Wasn't trying to leave any of you Conquest owners out. Simply didn't have room but to bring back what we did.
I also have one of the drop downs for the master fly. I'll let you know how that works when I get a chance to set everything up.

There is a chance that I may be able to get more of these items. Time will tell.

I would like to get the drop downs to go all the way around the entire tent, but I think it will take 4 and at a $100 each, it could be costly.
In Africa, they only use these in front of the door area as a shade/wind break.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dendy

Honu

lost on the mainland
no worries :) getting this stuff is going to be hit miss I think cause of the shipping to

I was curious how much the side flys cost :)

I was going to go to a canvas shop or something maybe ? try to get some of those flaps for the major fly thing myself :)
I wonder how much its going to cost me :)
one thought was to get it made out of a bit lighter material so it packs smaller and will be lighter and wanted to do them with huge zip out mosquito netting panels

have you checked out the new site much with the new pics of the trailers up ? the small changes they have made yet ?

my list is going to be to drop my water tanks since I had one rupture !
and then put in a new fill neck that wont leak !!!!! aarggghhhh
then a water pump
start working on my kitchen slide :)

no worries :) getting this stuff is going to be hit miss I think cause of the shipping to

I was curious how much the side flys cost :)

I was going to go to a canvas shop or something maybe ? try to get some of those flaps for the major fly thing myself :)
I wonder how much its going to cost me :)
one thought was to get it made out of a bit lighter material so it packs smaller and will be lighter and wanted to do them with huge zip out mosquito netting panels

have you checked out the new site much with the new pics of the trailers up ? the small changes they have made yet ?

my list is going to be to drop my water tanks since I had one rupture !
and then put in a new fill neck that wont leak !!!!! aarggghhhh
then a water pump
start working on my kitchen slide :)

your making me nervous over here are there really that many things that need to be done to these trailers? I was under the impression there was a latch here and a light there but not over hauling? Im still building a overland trailer while i wait for delivery of this one but now i dunno.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
No worries LX450! Honu had a odd ball problem with one of his water tanks.

As far as everything else he mentions, ... those are just mods.

We are all doing mods on our trailers and sharing that info.
No more or less than you might do to your truck.

It's all good!

Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven