My Conqueror and Rig!

Honu

lost on the mainland
Inverness
I have FJ Cruiser so just a 4 plug
I plan to rewire it to a spade that way if I get another trailer of any kind I dont have to worry

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Ok, So Honu has posted some pics of his Conqueror Conquest with the large overhead awning deployed. We did a dry run camping in the front yard (believe me, with a 4 year old and a 5 month old, ... you need a few dry runs, ... the house is a few steps away!)

I chose not to deploy the large canopy, but rather set up a different route. I am posting some pics below with a link to Honu's set up so you can compare the differences.

The tent was so comfortable that we are staying out in it again tonight. I have a Sleep Number bed, so I was shocked at how comfortable the rig sleeps. My kids had a blast and there was enough room in the bed for two more adults!
The thing is huge!

We ran a fan commercial cage fan (1.5 feet diameter) as I hate to be hot and sweaty. Middle of the night, I had to go inside and get quilts as we liked to have froze with the breeze and it was 74 outside and humid.

Dig the pics:

IMG_5870.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Here are a couple more shots.
I have lined the interior of the trailer body with a water proof material produced locally that is used in truck bed liner applications. (lots of us musicians use it to line studio walls as well as it has a .5 inch foam backing.)

From this side, you get the kitchen shots. I plan on building a 3 piece pantry in this opening that can be removed, but will store the stove, coffee maker, canned and boxed goods.

ConquestInterior1a.jpg

ConquestEngel1a.jpg

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
And lastly, ... a few inside shots with the fam enjoying themselves.

You cannot buy this much fun for kids!

ConquestFam1a.jpg

ConquestJake.jpg

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
cool shots :) nice to see the combi in the back for size
I was going to try to get a 80 combi in might have a connection and a container coming up ?
but the 60 might give me more room to open the lid ?

also still thinking use my 45 as a freezer and use a cooler in the slideout ?

the small metal rod that holds up the corner of the rain fly
if you look in the hinge area of the tent there is a small hole
you can put the one bent end inside and holds it really taught

I might be replacing my latches with something else

http://www.southco.com/product/default.aspx?hid=7326
either the over center
or Lever Latches
both can be had with locks both seem pretty cool
the first ones the latch part might not fit our side doors ? I have to go measure the space between our front and rear drop down doors
the second ones would take some cutting of the doors :) but just might work really well from the diagram
also the second ones would be harder to pry open and might be more secure so I might order some up to check them out ?
if you download the PDF you can see lots of info how they go on :)

Inverness

Nice photos. I can't wait to use ours.

Hono, I was thinking of using the same Southco hardware. In fact I have a sample handle ordered (A7-10-302-20). I used the larger handles for my rear bumper swing outs and would be a bit too big, I think, for the doors. I got a price of about $40ish each. If you find it cheaper let me know.

Honu

lost on the mainland
let me know what ya think when ya get your sample

did you just order one of them ? or are they sending you one for free ?

there is a local supplier here left a message ? so will see what price runs
I was also hoping they might have them there that I could handle and hold etc.. to get a better feel for them :)

they also have some nice looking gasket material since mine was torn when I got it I have to replace it
http://www.southco.com/product/part.aspx?pn=GA-202-82-M500

the one you posted is one I thought of checking out
seems easy to put on easy to use
my paranoid fear might be easier to break into ? more leverage if you will to force them open (call me paranoid)

also the idea of pressure being pulled away from the frame and mount vs the other model that would be from the inside

I was thinking
http://www.southco.com/product/part.aspx?pn=C2-32-105-3

I liked the idea of how this later one holds against the back side of the frame and its flush so seems more secure :) or less chance of prying into it ?
the downside a larger hole to cut in the door and then the inside has to have a hole where it comes out but it would be on the edge

Inverness

Work in progress

I did a rough install of the Southco handle as a replacement to the silly stock ones. A new receiving pin, for the Southco, is installed in the same location as the existing. It's made from a 1/2 inch grade 8 bolt with a notch cut into it, it will be installed on the body and the door will swing onto it. I also started to install a water system.

It's my first time posting photos...fingers crossed.

Honu

lost on the mainland
interesting way of doing them :)

the one pic looks distorted :) so not sure the handles are that stubby ?

but does the backside of the handle have flush screws then so the door can close all the way ?
I think I will have to wait till I get home to do the handles :( no more time to play with things

you will have to give more info on the water for sure :)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Yes, please send more info on the water deal. What does it do? Pump and purify?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Inverness:
We want more info on both the water system and the latches.
Thanks
Dendy
Inverness said:
I did a rough install of the Southco handle as a replacement to the silly stock ones. A new receiving pin, for the Southco, is installed in the same location as the existing. It's made from a 1/2 inch grade 8 bolt with a notch cut into it, it will be installed on the body and the door will swing onto it. I also started to install a water system.

It's my first time posting photos...fingers crossed.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I had found a link to the American arm (importer i guess?) of this company but cannot find it now.
Any links to where you can get a new one of these trailers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven