My Conqueror and Rig!

Honu

lost on the mainland
WOW very cool and well worth the price :)

I am on the SA forum a lot ;)
funny timing as my wife and I got talking about our trailer needs today !!!!

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, so time to 'splain this thing a bit.
Truly for my family this trailer will work out better.
Yes, it is heavier and more cumbersome on the trail and going down the road (semi's are not your friend!), but Chris Robinson (Dieselandmud here on expo) timed me and set up was 8 minutes!!

We took the trailer out this past weekend (just me and my son) for a shake down run. We were at CenterHill Lake at a State Park there, so no back road- primitive outpost for a shake down-

... and I'll add: to those who claim these "dennis the menace" locations- shame on you. Tennessee, Kentucky, and North Carolina (where we spend most of our time) have great State Park networks. (Kentucky being the best- as far as well maintained!- this according to a National Park Ranger). What we lack compared to those who are fortunate to be out West ... is wide open spaces where no other humans can be seen. I wish for that type of experience, ... but will have to plan trips out west to find this!

... yet I digress ...

With the Conqueror Commander, we have crossed from Expedition Trailer ... to Offroad Camper for sure (while I could say - tongue in cheek - Glamper like Brads Kimberly Karavan, ... my Commander is really more Camper than Glamper!), it does allow for a true "base camp" set up. There are locks on every compartment with a unified key to unlock them all. The doors have large bear resistant slide locks inside to sleep with little fear of easy entry, and the set up has unbelievable storage available.
Don't get me wrong - we loved the Conquest and the room when it was set up, ... but there were quirks (akin to owning a land rover) with that trailer, that only a patient man can live with, but you entered into the wild with that knowledge.
But this trailer, really makes the family smile.

This picture was taken by my friend with a really old cell phone (we forgot our camera since this was a quick overnight run). I tried to enlarge and sharpen it, but it really buggered the back ground, but you get the idea of the scale of the trailer:

ConquerorCommanderTrial.jpg

Here it is when we got back home. I opened it up so we could address some issues that were on my "challenges and thinks to do" list when I got home.

Frontal View:
IMG_2780.jpg

The front panel folds open here and the rain fly unfurled. 4 tension poles inserted and she is up.

Here are "kitchen side" shots:

IMG_2769.jpg

Note- pantry (large swing open door) is accessible from the outside or while sitting at the table inside.

IMG_2775.jpg

Slide Out with Stove, Fridge, and sink basins.

IMG_2768.jpg

Backside of slide out.

IMG_2770.jpg

Fold open sinks. There is a quick connect for water facet which rests on the side of the stove riser. Hot and cold water that runs off of electric or gas.

IMG_2771.jpg

Top Drawer

IMG_2772.jpg

Bottom Drawer

IMG_2781.jpg

Door with fold down shelf- Wine Rack (you see what we use it for!)

IMG_2782.jpg

And of course I added the bottle opener!

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

Side storage bins (one on each side) that hold the awning walls and accessories

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

Two shots of the rear. Came with a rear spare mounted grill, but I have one we have used quite a bit, that I prefer, so I stored the round one away. Of course, I had to add my Land Rover flavor to the trailer. (flame away!)

IMG_2777.jpg

Here is the shower head. We kept our Outback Privy which will be quicker to set up than deploying the entire awning.

IMG_2778.jpg

And the slide out lavatory. There again is a quick connect for water and a faucet that attaches to the edge. Big storage in the front.

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

Entry side shots. Lots of storage. The two long narrow canvas doors are the back of the pantry.

IMG_2789.jpg

The pantry was an add on and while great, it pushes the back prop pillow out from the wall leaving you sitting against a non-stable back rest. I added the door storage canvas hang in the empty area which helps support that pillow better and provides lots of extra pockets, etc.

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2791.jpg

At the rear behind the table.
The table drops down and pillows slide in to make a large bed if needed. Or you can use the two benches as single beds (which we plan to use for the kids)

IMG_2793.jpg

The floor has a Euro version of Pergola hardwood in a pickled finish. I made up this rubber backed carpet mat from two rolls I got at Target in the indoor/outdoor variety. It lays on top of the floor and carpet tape on the back holds the three seams together. It will not slide with that rubber on the ribbed Pergola!

IMG_2794.jpg

The front fold out large bed. The Previous owners who were traveling around the world ditched the OEM cushions for this area, and had two mattresses made that have a 3/4 fold in them and zip together. They are 4 inches thick, and have an allergy wrap around them, and then a 1/2 inch elastic attached pillow top on them. When you are not sleeping, you fold the lower quarter over and have a shelf or bench for sitting.

IMG_2801.jpg

Fire ext. and bear spray mounted next to door!

IMG_2802.jpg

Mirror, and towel holder for indoor washup next to the other door.

I'll follow this with the things that are a challenge later.
Thanks
Dendy

Last edited:

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Me like...

:drool:

Almost can't believe the amount of storage. Those zippered cubbyholes all over look like something you see on the International Space Station.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
:drool:

Almost can't believe the amount of storage. Those zippered cubbyholes all over look like something you see on the International Space Station.

Yeah, I told my wife we will have to do a map of the interior to know what is stored in which areas!
:Wow1:
D

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Yeah, I told my wife we will have to do a map of the interior to know what is stored in which areas!
:Wow1:
D

Two options come immediately to mind...

1. A 3/8" strip label above each compartment (Brother P-Touch, Dymo, etc).

2. Some velcro patches on the canvas cubby covers for tear-off labels like I've seen for MOLLE gear?

EDIT: Now that I've put it out there I don't particularly like the idea of stitching the velcro to the canvas flaps.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That is pretty neat, Dendy; enjoy it.
And you really have to come to CFW now; no excuses. And either you or Dale have to lend Chris a truck if his Disco isn't well by then.
It's been too long.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Nice Dendy,

Looks like Glamping to me. :elkgrin:

It really does look like a great base camp set up. I predict a ton of great camping in your near future. :wings:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Super piece of equipment....

The close ups speak for themselves as far as the quality. The storage is really cool and well thought out

Best of luck and many happy trips with it :smiley_drive:

Pat

Honu

lost on the mainland
jealous for sure in a good way super huge congrats on a super killer setup :)
love seeing the pics coming in

now you and Brad are the envy of the trailer nuts who like these kind of trailers ;)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hi, Guys:
I plan on having fun for a long time. I think the best part to me other than functionality, is that the unit is designed to last. The chassis is an ALKO galvanized unit. The underside components that connect to the chassis are a hammer tone urethan that seems tough as nails.
All the body components are sheet aluminum or steel on an aluminum skeletal design.
I'll get a picture of this, but the trailer has an independent suspension system that is almost overkill in my opinion!
Quite stout.
If you go back to the original video of the trailer in (the Australian version), there are also YouTube videos of one of these in an independent TV series where the guy is dragging one of these all over the outback of Australia in some amazing places.

D

jscusmcvet

Explorer
That is an awesome trailer. Even though it is not in the same league as yours, the pics of the interior and exterior give me some ideas to modify our rockwood pop up.

Thanks for posting such detailed pics.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven