My Disco Builds

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
The 97 disco is officially on the chopping block now after I hit a tree when I lost brakes coming down my driveway.

5407701324_0caee0bf8e_z.jpg

On the upside I installed some 255/85s on the White disco

5407088337_5b0997439e_b.jpg

5407699464_11f22455aa_b.jpg

5407089057_26f1cb3171_b.jpg

The White disco is basically done except for maybe Synthetic line on the winch and D90 brakes.

jeff_wright

Adventurer
Dagumit Tim! I was debating between another pair of BFG ATs or the KM2s and was set on another set of ATs. Now you're making me rethink this... Bummer about the '97. Maybe some parts??

dcarr1971

Adventurer
The 97 disco is officially on the chopping block now after I hit a tree when I lost brakes coming down my driveway.

5407701324_0caee0bf8e_z.jpg

All I can say is 'DOH!' Good to hear nobody was hurt.

How bad is the damage beyond the obvious stuff? i.e.- Frame tweaked? Radiator core/support? If the frame is still straight, and it's just body work plus the radiator, you might be able to pretty easily put it back together yourself...

...of course, you can probably find a whole other D1 in better shape for a lot less effort and just this as a parts truck...

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Best I can tell the headlight, front bumper and hood is all that needs to be replaced. I actually plan on just getting rid of this disco now. I am tired of spending my whole time back home from New Orleans fixing it up. I was actually kinda excited about getting home this last time to work on the truck as it was getting my old 235/85s KM1s but oh well.

Howski

sorry to hear about the 97'. the 255's look good. i was thinking of going with the same size km2's when i need another set

benlittle

Adventurer
Tim the SD looks beautiful. Nice work.

If you do the D90 brake swap... Make sure your braking system is in good shape prior. Several people I know didn't have very good results and it was because of other things. Mine, however, was a stunning difference and is still running strong after 2 years ;)

michaels

Explorer
looks good buddy! a round of drinks says you cave and get even MORE lift. oh wait, you dont drink, so i win either way on that bet. ;) haha

High Center

Adventurer
So far I have been diggin the full length flooring and it has helped keep the truck a little bit cooler in the heat of New orleans

I also ordered some stuff to try out from Expedition Exchange and will let everyone know how it works out.

5039983938_0f7c2fba25_z.jpg

So- how did the K Seal pan out?

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
How far away are you from New Orleans? Any wheeling where you are at?

I have SG springs and a rear spacer that give me close to a 3 inch lift. I need to trim my rear wheel wells but so farther have driven great.

The kseal so fat has worked pretty well for me although I do plan on doing my head gaskets this summer since my job will not require me to drive anywhere.

sadly not much. Anything near you? Im inbetween gonzales and laplace

Theres a little "secret" spot of mine I go offroading behind the levee. Call it the paulina beach.

Im currently working in indiana but ill be back in a few weeks for good.

I made a trip up to kasatche forest last year and my rover let me down. Wana to go again the little bit I saw was really nice.

found a few places up here near bloomington in the national forest, I really wish we had terrain like this down there

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
Nothing in the new Orleans area unless you consider our rough roads offroading... I havent been wheeling in over a year now.

I will have to make a trip out towards your direction this summer and visit you and the cabelas. Hit me up if you are in new Orleans. I will pm you my number

leeawalden

Adventurer
I made a trip up to kasatche forest last year and my rover let me down. Wana to go again the little bit I saw was really nice.

e

hit the nail on the head. My buddy has a family farm on the edge of the forest in Alexandria. Grew up riding fourwheelers and jeeps all over the place. Probably the closest place in Louisiana. Or Eglin in FL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy