My relatively in-expensive offroad popup build thread

euro.love

Adventurer
Sold it about a month ago. Thanks to everyone for the positive comments! I got $1,700 for it. So it was definitely worth the work that went into it.

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Plan?

So, what's the plan now?
Old trailers gone and the new project is... :lurk:

Keep us posted - and btw, we're in CT and always looking for fun people to go camp with. :friday:

Cheers,
Mark

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Wife and I just bought a Rockwood 1640,

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/de...D&choice=rktc&nav=rec&name=112&series=Freedom

which is their smallest and lightest. Got it used for a fair price. Does not even look used at all. We'll pull behind my TJ. When I said the first thing I'd like to do is look for an axle to match the TJ lug nut pattern and do a spring over, she said, "Oh, so we can use the same spare and we'll get better ground clearance" I am a lucky man.

This is a great thread, thanks for reviving it.

John

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
This thread inspired me to do my own build. I bought an 85 Coleman Aspen (same as the colorado--I don't know why it went by a different name). Mine was rotted so I rebuilt the box using 3/4 plywood and had the frame gussted up with two extra cross members, bigger springs, a 3500lb axle, and a reciever tube on the back end of it. Pics of the build here:
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z439/jetnoise/Operation TRAILER TRASH/

That is interesting, never knew about the Aspen.

Hogeyphenogey

Colorado Update

Hey all- We bought this little camper from euro.love back in 2010 and though we don't go camping as much as we'd like to, we still have her and use her!

She's gotten new tires and some interior updates as of late. We painted and caulked the inside, put in a memory foam mattress, carpeted over the wheel wells, reupholstered the fabrics and I built a new table that uses an RV pole system. I also upgraded all marker and tail lamps to LEDs from Harbor Freight. I may repaint the exterior this year to cover some scuffs and whatnot, and I'd love to find a new roadcover for it- I know there's a company making them but they are pricey. We store it in the garage from October to April and it still allows the use of the rest of the garage for mowers, snowblowers and a motorcycle. Love this camper!!!

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• camper3.jpg
    camper3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 45
  • camper4.jpg
    camper4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 45
  • camper2.jpg
    camper2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 45
  • camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45

yj-hank

Observer
These are great little trailers. I purchased one last September for $359.00. Canvas is in great shape. I need to pull the poles that hold the canvas in place and give them a light sanding and repaint due to a couple small rust spots. Going to lift it just a few inches and pull it behind my 75 bronco. Looking to get some camping in this summer.

Hank

IMG_20140914_163832398_HDR_zps0tb0aocn.jpg~original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design