My Rover

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
Yeah I'll have to try that. I need to remember to clear my GPS trip odometer so I can get an accurate measuring of what my miles are.

Green96D1

Explorer
nosivad_bor said:
I roll 4.11's with 32" (235/85)tires. Cruise around 3000rpm @ 75-80mph and all is well. Mileage is just as shiddy as when i had stock gears. I fill up every 250 miles or so.

strangely I run 33x10.50's with 3.54 about 2500 rpm. the trucks runs pretty good. I guess because I'm near sea level!:victory: mileage is shiddy is mines too!:yikes:

Fourteen years old; tired 3.9; 235/85's (~32") and 4.10's.

All in all, it works fine. No terrible fuel penalty. A little on the "busy" side, but the run across Nebraska at ~75mph is usually uneventful...and the 4.10's are a Huge Improvement once at any elevation at all.

Des Moines is at just over 800 feet asl.

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
locrwln said:
Hey Matt,

I know like everyone else your time is limited, but before you spend more money on tires or anything else, I would do a quick speed limit run to Fernley and back. Fill up before you leave Reno/Sparks at the station of your choice, run out to Fernley and back, fill up at the same station and figure your mileage. That should give you a ballpark figure of your mileage, so that you will have a better idea of what you are up against.

I know that climbing the hill to the house takes the fuel in my 80. I made several runs back and forth to town on the last tank and I averaged...12.3mpg. :smilies27

I have gotten as much as 16.5mpg, but that was cruise control set at 65mph, from here to Tonopah. Most of the time I am in the neighborhood of 14mpg.

My old 4runner with the 3.0, actually got better mileage at higher rpms.

Jack

My brother is getting married at a private ranch just this side of Quincy this weekend. Sounds like a perfect time to figure out my MPG maintaining 65mph. I'm curious cause it's been so long since I even figured out my mpg...

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
well I didn't get to keep it at 65 the whole time. Some other cars and slower speed zones had me at 65 half the time and about 55 the other.

So I stopped by the gas station and filled up on my way home. 155 miles on 11 gallons (on my GPS odometer) which avgerages out to about 14mpg. I was getting 16-17mpg with stock gears and smaller tires.

I'll see what i get tomorrow when I do it again.

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
All painted and ready to go... Just need to swap over various parts from the current axle and I'm in business (except for the wiring of course, that's last)

Attachments

• painted2.JPG
    painted2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 158

Mercedesrover

Explorer
DiscoveryXD said:
All painted and ready to go... Just need to swap over various parts from the current axle and I'm in business (except for the wiring of course, that's last)

Looks great. I'm really happy you went in this direction. If you need any help with the wiring, let me know. It's really not as complicated as some guys make it out to be.

revor

Explorer
sinuhexavier said:
What paint did you end up going with?

Looks like black... Sorry couldn't help it :sombrero:

Outstanding work Matt! You will see your stub axles tomorrow..

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
thanks guys. Sounds good Keith.

sinuhexavier said:
What paint did you end up going with?

I ended up going with the Duplicolor spray on bedliner that Lane recommended. I have a buddy that is a manager at Kragens and he said that's what he would go with too. It's basically like a thick spray paint just like Lane said. I cleaned off all the dirt and rust with my grinder, then used a coarse sand paper to make sure it had a good surface to stick to. We'll see how it holds up.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
DiscoveryXD said:
S7300059.jpg

Home made fishing pole holder
DSC01762.jpg

dsc017662.jpg

I know I'm way late in chiming in, but these are two really cool mods. Nice job. :REOutArchery02:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater