My Rover

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
Thanks, I'm actually thinking about building a whole bunch of those fishing pole holders if I get enough interest in them. I've had some sheet metal in my garage for a while now and I think it's about time I use it for something....

IH8RDS

Explorer
This inspired me to do the same thing in my Cherokee. I still have to mount it though. I don't have enough room between my seat, but I might put it further up on the center console by my knee.

S7300059.jpg

PCRover

Adventurer
I have actually seen these in person and I must say they were very impressive. Matt's fabrication skills are very impressive.

DiscoveryXD said:
Thanks, I'm actually thinking about building a whole bunch of those fishing pole holders if I get enough interest in them. I've had some sheet metal in my garage for a while now and I think it's about time I use it for something....

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
some final pics... I'm waiting on some small spacers to level the springs out, then it's on to wiring the locker when I have time (worked the last 6 days straigt)

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 164
  • axle under.JPG
    axle under.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 160
  • axle flange.JPG
    axle flange.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 109

michaels

Explorer
i'm gonna do this when keith comes out with the DII conversion when i have money at the end of next summer. rear locker and sound of mind on 33's here i come!

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
Well I guess this is it with the toy conversion. I'll hopefully do the front some time this summer.

Machined aluminum wedges make the springs happy.
Mounted the resistor next to the seat frame cause that little bastard can get hot!
and lastly the modified switch panel all lit up. The red light only comes on when the locker is fully engaged.

Attachments

• spring wedge.JPG
    spring wedge.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 143
  • resistor.JPG
    resistor.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 103
  • switch panel2.JPG
    switch panel2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 98

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
I'm not a fan of the e-locker guards on the market, so I decided to build one myself. I built mine so it sits flush around the diff and bolts to the axle on the back. That way when I hit it on a rock, the forces are spread out over the diff and axle housing, instead of the locker bolts.

Attachments

• guard3.JPG
    guard3.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 176
  • guard2.JPG
    guard2.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 106
  • guard.JPG
    guard.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 118

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
Finally got to take the truck out and have some fun. It's been almost 6 months since I was able to run trails like this because of the rear axle debacle... Got lucky cause it was the last day before the weather took a turn for the worse.:jumping: Oh, and the toy setup passed with flying colors! The e-locker worked just as fast as the ARB up front.

Attachments

• 100_0279...JPG
    100_0279...JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_0237.jpg
    100_0237.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0326.jpg
    100_0326.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 117
  • S7300158.JPG
    S7300158.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 107
  • S7300170.JPG
    S7300170.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_0265.jpg
    100_0265.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 73

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
benlittle said:
Nice work Matt.

So, we're doing a trip next year?

Will that make me the lonely yellow disco in a fleet of white ones? :D

I'm down to start planning something out. I may be busy during the summer with my career (don't want to go into much detail on here) but it sounds good to me.

Any ideas on where?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach