My summer project (haha) e350 van build

deezdrama

Adventurer
Screenshot_2016-09-06-05-17-24.jpg

Yup, here you go:

http://www.stockwheels.com/p-39832-...luminum-alloy-16x7-8-65-8-hole-wheel-rim.aspx

Edit:

The more I look at them, the more I can't tell if they're the same as yours. Hope this helps.

Good eye! I checked the bent spare under the van and it is not painted black. Checked the part number from your link on ebay and found one about half the price. So you think someone just swapped out the ford centercaps for american racing ones?
Are they deffinately not the mojave or bajas?

I plan on ending up with 33s or 35s.... any forseeable problem with that running these? Im not sure how wide of a tire I could run or what the backspacing even is on these.

Reattached the pic of mine at top.

Last edited:
The only thing I have to go on is the fact that they're 8 lug, they're on a Ford van and the holes in the wheels look a lot smaller than the Black Rocks, etc. that I've seen. I could definitely see someone swapping the center cap since covering the lug nuts isn't exactly fashionable.

I'm glad you were able to find them cheaper. I just posted the first link I found on a Google images search. If it was my money, I'd google the part number and see if I could find images from a few different angles. Compare those to your current wheel to make sure they're the same. Then just replace all 4 center caps if you can't find a match for the current ones.

American Racing doesn't show a Mojave compatible with your vehicle. I'm looking at the Bajas now and it's tough to tell because I'd imagine the design of the wheel varies slightly based on the wheel size. I'm looking at the lip of the wheel, and also the design around the lug nuts. I suppose you could send a photo AR and ask 'em if they're their wheels.

As far as tire sizes go, I just drove the van chassis, but didn't work on them. Can't help you there.

Last edited:

dazdconfsd

Observer
Those are not the Ford optional Alcoa's. They look quite similar, but have a different design for the center where the lugs are.

if you wanna run true 33's on stock wheels, you'll have to go with a 255/85-16, theres a few good tires in that size, they're load range D tires, so unless you're mega weight they'll work, but 265/75-16 wheels are too wide to go on stock rims, as are anything over 265, you'll need 8" wide wheels. on an 8" wheel you'll want 4.5" backspacing, i had 4" backspace and they stuck out too far, my newer wheels with 4.5" are much nicer, but i wish id have stayed with a 7" wheel, so i could get it a little narrower still.

deezdrama

Adventurer
Screenshot_2016-09-06-11-50-27.jpg
Sure it isnt the AR baja? Maybe an older style?
Even the cracked spare has AR centercap.
The rims are really thick where the holes were machined,cant tell how thick the ford ones are from the pic.

Those are not the Ford optional Alcoa's. They look quite similar, but have a different design for the center where the lugs are.

I stand corrected. I'm glad someone knows, since I was guessing.

View attachment 364985
Sure it isnt the AR baja? Maybe an older style?
Even the cracked spare has AR centercap.
The rims are really thick where the holes were machined,cant tell how thick the ford ones are from the pic.

They could be the Baja's, or he could've just picked up the caps. I understand they're pretty easy to switch out as long as the center bore is the same. The problem is that every diameter, offset, etc. is going to be designed slightly differently. is there a manufacturer or anything stamped into the back of the wheel? Or a part number?

philos

Explorer
American Racing wheels have many stamps on the back
82253a842bb2395a96d0936911110163.jpg

8265992928f631eccb5752bae31511c4.jpg

0f6b8e200f79c44634b6af9c6c718137.jpg

Just got these the other week. 16x8 4.5" backspace.
I painted them after media blasting ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deezdrama

Adventurer
Ill check the backs when I do my rotors and brakes this weekend.
Got the parts today- surprised how decent these rotors are for $25 from rockauto, youd think material and machining would cost more than that.
20160906_152630.jpg
Wanted to do them today but after sweating allday in a weldshop ill wait untill fri when I got the day off. Hopefully will get some walls carpeted and installed as well.

I remember a while ago seeing a guy attach a bed platform to the walls using a kind of metal bracket hooking system. Kind of like the ones ive seen on industrial steel parts shelves.
Any info or ideas for mounting a small bed platform to the walls that can be easily removed if needed?

deezdrama

Adventurer
I think it was e-track that I seen used for a bed platform. Never used the stuff before, is it something you can buy local or is it a custom online order?

89s rule

Adventurer
if you wanna run true 33's on stock wheels, you'll have to go with a 255/85-16, theres a few good tires in that size, they're load range D tires, so unless you're mega weight they'll work, but 265/75-16 wheels are too wide to go on stock rims, as are anything over 265, you'll need 8" wide wheels. on an 8" wheel you'll want 4.5" backspacing, i had 4" backspace and they stuck out too far, my newer wheels with 4.5" are much nicer, but i wish id have stayed with a 7" wheel, so i could get it a little narrower still.

This is not true at all. You can run 265's on 7" rims no problem. Here is a pic of the Alcoa option rims with 265/75/16 BFG AT's
0fe495c9855fdd1bbf999656074de3c2.jpg

Glad to see the discussion on the Weld Tech kits I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on a front setup. Got some blocks for the rear for now to save $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezdrama

Adventurer
I think im leaning the same way. Blocks in back... maybe the 4" lift and some 285/75s or still may go with the actionvan 6" and 35s
Going to call weldtec when i get time and see what actual prices and self install dificulty will be

This is not true at all. You can run 265's on 7" rims no problem. Here is a pic of the Alcoa option rims with 265/75/16 BFG AT's
0fe495c9855fdd1bbf999656074de3c2.jpg

Glad to see the discussion on the Weld Tech kits I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on a front setup. Got some blocks for the rear for now to save $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, you CAN put them on a 7" rim, but the 7" rim is a little narrow. and it looks pinched on there..... what I'm saying, is its not optimal.

philos

Explorer
Which wheels are those? I like them.

AR172 - aka, 'Baja'
Originally they were polished when new, and I had planned on polishing them. But it was going no to take a crazy amount of work to get them to look decent, so I had them blasted (too big for my cabinet) and then painted them at home in an Amazon shipping box spray booth... hey, it's disposable!

They're 16x8, 4.5" backspace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk