New GM Hd?

Dalko43

Explorer
So the question is, will the build quality of the 5th gen Ram improve when the plant comes home??? Oh...new GM HD...how 'bout that?

Fingers crossed on that....some of the stuff that 4th gen Ram owners have to deal with is just ridiculous: 3rd-brake light leak; water in the headlights; driveline vibrations at highway speeds. Just saw some new feedback talking about grid heater-bolts getting sucked into the 6.7l Cummins, though I have no idea how common that really is.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
All trucks have driveline vibration complaint equally across the board. One of the reasons I went CCSB. To get the one piece drive shaft, no carrier bearing. Easy peizy tuning out vibes when I lift the truck (hopefully)

Ford LED front lights are unadjustable rubbish. Halogens work fine though.

The Cummins grid heaters should have had external bolts like a 16 liter Volvo. Design flaw big time. No idea what they were thinking about there.

Clutch

<---Pass
That’s a refresh of the current truck due out (rumored) 2019. The 5th gen ram heavy duty is rumored to be out 2020 or 2021. They are moving th HD plant from salito Mexico to warren Michigan.

Dang it! So I no longer can make fun of my Ram owner friends who spout off 'bout buying "Made in 'Murica!!!" ...and then I point out the "Hecho en Mexico" badge on their trucks. :D

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Made in Detroit still. Plenty of jokes left.

"Do you test the interior plastic for lead?"
"Dodges are great for tail gate grilling raccoons!"
"If you pick up the truck at the factory, you also get a dozen local houses for $30."
"Does your new truck make you want to wear a fuzzy scarf, or fury jacket?"
"Freeze b$%^@, give me your wallet."

Clutch

<---Pass

"If you pick up the truck at the factory, you also get a dozen local houses for $30."

lol

Explorerinil

Observer

Hey be careful, your driving an over hyped up pile of recycled garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner