New GM Hd?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Kinda liked the out going models...those grills reminded me of the 80's trucks. This new one...man...not sure what they are doing.
Agreed. I quite liked some of the 'retro' inspired versions.

Attachments

• 05281b8dd0e186b41f0f8fa00a5cf23b.jpg
    05281b8dd0e186b41f0f8fa00a5cf23b.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Big_10_Retro.jpg
    Big_10_Retro.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 25
  • retro-themed-silverado-placement-1532634186.jpg
    retro-themed-silverado-placement-1532634186.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 23

Clutch

<---Pass
Agreed. I quite liked some of the 'retro' inspired versions.

I have seen those, diggin' that regular cab.

I'll probably get Hell for going off-topic :p:D but Flex Dream in Japan mods late model Toyotas with retro front ends.

https://www.flexdream.jp/landcruiser/FD-classic/

An 80 with a 60 grill is pretty cool looking to me. Now if they swappped in a LS, that would be pretty sweet.

https://www.flexdream.jp/landcruiser/FD-classic/FD-classic80/

landcruiser80_fdclassic86_ver1_1.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Really too bad they don't give us a retro version of the 67-72's, best looking Chevys ever. Why do the Camaro guys get to have all the fun?

1970_Chevy_Crew_Cab_4_Door_14004871191.jpg

If they are going to do a giant grill, at least make it look cool.

YES! This x eleventy brazillians. Not only is the 67-72 Chevy truck considered one of the best looking Chevy/GM lines, it's considered one of the best looking pickups ever made. Just a classic, balanced look.

IMO GM ruined the look of their trucks when they came out with the "square body" in 1973. I know a lot of people like square body chevies but I never liked them.

It's the big square wheel wells that make them look awkward and yet, for some reason GM has decided that ugly square wheel wells are their "signature" or something? :rolleyes:

Clutch

<---Pass
YES! This x eleventy brazillians. Not only is the 67-72 Chevy truck considered one of the best looking Chevy/GM lines, it's considered one of the best looking pickups ever made. Just a classic, balanced look. IMO GM ruined their trucks when they came out with the "square body" in 1973. I know a lot of people like square body chevies but I never liked them.

Our next door neighbor had a '72 short bed for sale a couple few months ago, almost bought it....but I need a project vehicle like I need another hole in the head. When I lived in Tucson...there was guy with a short bed 4WD running around, wasn't lifted maybe sitting on 32's, painted tan with black wheels...looked so right.

If I ever won the lotto, would probably blow it all buying up old trucks and SUV's ;) :D

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

That's pretty slick looking! I don't know that I'd own another 80 though. Last one wasn't great. Could've just been a lemon I guess. When I sold it, I found out the guys buying it were shipping it to Syria or Somalia or something....

I think I'd rather have a 60 as a weekend toy or a 100 as a dd.

Clutch

<---Pass
That's pretty slick looking! I don't know that I'd own another 80 though. Last one wasn't great. Could've just been a lemon I guess. When I sold it, I found out the guys buying it were shipping it to Syria or Somalia or something....

They are getting so old, they need a full restoration at this point. I would only buy one with the intention of stripping it to the frame and tossing in a LS and manny trans. (will never happen, but nice to dream)

They did a 100 too, kinda cool too.

mainpic.jpg

That said, pretty content with our Trooper....total old man colors and so under the radar. Has 120K miles on it, only I have had to do it, was a new starter so far. Makes a nice addition to my Tacoma. And to keep this thread on topic...how 'bout that new Chevy, I know! Uh!? Wow! What are they thinking!? :D

11081223_10153201631654630_4507696158836726926_n.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.

I sold my old s10 to a local Somali dude. Five years later it's still in my name, he's never registered it. What'd he do with it!?

Edit:
Chevy, grille, eww etc.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Bring back the '67? Heck yeah. Might be too Ford looking though. And solid front axle. No way they'll be able to admit their mistake that much.

orham42y1i13yruhllh7.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Bring back the '67? Heck yeah.
And solid front axle.

*thumbs-up*

Unfortunate that FCA is building them, but at least they are still doing the Wranglers. Instead of trying to restore something old...best bet for us nostalgia guys is buying a JL or JLK. Retro look with all the modern convenances...just trade it back in before the warranty is up.

At least they know how to do grills right. :) Only new truck that I actually like. Ticks all of the boxes...Chevy, who?

2020-jeep-gladiator001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner