New GM Hd?

chet6.7

Explorer
Is there a way to generate power in an engine without generating heat? The marine version of the Cummins 6.7 is more powerful than the one in my truck,cooling a marine engine is easier than an OTR engine.A 10 speed trans sounds interesting.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
It seems like all the MFG's are obsessed with big, gaudy grilles.
images
Those Brigadiers didn't try to hide that they needed a lot of radiator and that the headlights needed to be at a particular height. Functional is fine. Designers are stylizing them too much.

David Trest

Is there a way to generate power in an engine without generating heat? The marine version of the Cummins 6.7 is more powerful than the one in my truck,cooling a marine engine is easier than an OTR engine.A 10 speed trans sounds interesting.
Not without violating the laws of thermodynamics. Turning any sort of energy into kinetic energy will result in heat from friction and more.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Not feeling this one. I can't wait for this whole big grill / floating roof / fake vents everywhere 'design" trend to end.

Seems every new vehicle coming out has at least two of those design elements.... Curious to see the GMC version, the updated Super Duty and new HD Ram trucks.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Isn't the Ram's russian dial-a-matic thing an option? I could have swore I saw a regular shifter in a new Ram yesterday.

The updated 2020 Super Duty is just grill and lights. Maybe wheels. Body is the same IIRC. 10 speed and Godzilla are the real news there.

After what it cost to tool up for Al bodies, it kinda makes sense. Luckily, I think the SD's look great.

2020-ford-f-250-super-duty-front-quarter-02.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I know... But the Colorado, Ranger and Gladiator look good in my opinion.

The new Ram is growing on me. Just wished it didn't have that dial transmission shifter thingy and wish there was a leaf spring option.

Now that you mentioned it, they have toned the front ends on a couple of the new trucks.

Kinda hoping Toyota would pull back when they do the Tacoma refresh, but given what the new Rav4 looks like, the outlook is bleak.

Not quit getting the angry overly aggressive look. Especially on a CUV...

2019-toyota-rav4-front-left-quarter.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Now that you mentioned it, they have toned the front ends on a couple of the new trucks.

Kinda hoping Toyota would pull back when they do the Tacoma refresh, but given what the new Rav4 looks like, the outlook is bleak.

Not quit getting the angry overly aggressive look. Especially on a CUV...

2019-toyota-rav4-front-left-quarter.jpg
Funny enough I don't actually mind that front end on the Rav4. I prefer it over the other front end design on the non adventure package Rav's. Just wish they'd omit that floating roof. Looks like a funny line break in the body to me. I think this generation of Rav looks 100X better than the outgoing one.

I thought the 3rd gen was a really nice small CUV....

Clutch

<---Pass
Funny enough I don't actually mind that front end on the Rav4. I prefer it over the other front end design on the non adventure package Rav's. Just wish they'd omit that floating roof. Looks like a funny line break in the body to me. I think this generation of Rav looks 100X better than the outgoing one.

I thought the 3rd gen was a really nice small CUV....

Ha! I liked the out going model better, since it is more subdued. As they say different strokes!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
lol...not that it matters anyway, I'll never own one. My mom has one, it is a good "mom" car... :D I'll stick with trucks. Now if we could only get Toyota to give us a 30 mpg Tacoma.
I thought it would be a good vehicle for my better half if that's what she decides she wants. The trucks work for me as well. But, I think the size of the next truck will depend on what we're towing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner